* Prices may differ from that shown
....do strange things happen are you going round the twist?
Round The Twist is a late 80's/early 90's Australian TV series based on the books of author Paul Jennings. The series follows the adventures of the Twist family who live in a lighthouse (a haunted lighthouse of course). Each series contains 13 episodes all of which are brilliantly wacky, weird, surreal and fantastical.
The Twist family consist of widower Dad Tony, teenage twins Pete and Linda and younger brother Bronson. The other main character is Nell, the owner of the lighthouse and the first series is named "Nells Ancestors". The characters are absolutely brilliant all with their little quirks - and for child tv actors they are particularly good.
This series is the most imaginative program that I have ever seen. It has absolutely everything including, ghosts, magic lipstick, dragons and veracious seagulls who bomb people with droppings!
As a kid I absolutely loved this series it was certainly appointment TV in our house. When I saw the series was available on Amazon I snapped it up for about £6. I am always a little wary of watching a childhood favourite as an adult as they are never usually as good as you remember. However this series has timeless quality and is still as quirky, magical and funny as when I first watched it.
This is a brilliant TV series for children, it will set their imagination alight. I introduced my nephews to this, one being 6 and the other 8, and they absolutely love it. Some of the episodes are a bit spooky but my nephews were never firghtened if anything it made them less fearful of spooks as the series revolves around friendly ghosts. I don't think my nephews had ever seen anything as funny as the toilet humour and they laughed throughout.
This show is brilliant for all of the family.
Here is a brief synopsis of each episode to give you an idea of what to expect. All of the stories are brilliantly written and acted.
1. The first episode is titled "The Ghost in the Dunny" this alone tells you all you need about where this series take you. The Twists discover that the outside toilet it haunted, after a few scares they decide to confront the ghost, who is he and what does he want???
2. Birdso - Nell is hospitalised for believing in Dragons. The Twist children set out to prove she is not insane, along the way they encounter seagulls who proceed to bury them in droppings.
3. A Good Tip For Ghosts - Trying to prove his metal with the other kids at school Pete is dared to recover a skull from the local tip. Unwittingly he disturbs a ghost who wants something from him.
4. The Cabbage Patch Fib - Bronson believes that babies come from cabbage patches to the hilarity of his siblings. They are soon silecenced when he finds a decidedly green baby in the cabbage patch
5. Spaghetti Pig Out - A bolt of lightening strikes the Twist remote control and before you know it they discover the control works on people. Find out how this affects the annual spaghetti eating competition.
6. The Gum Leaf War - Linda dreams she has a huge Pinnochio style nose worried she goes to visit her Aunt in the mountains. In the mountains there is a war taking place where parties can pass their ailments on to enemies using the leaves of the Gum tree.
7. Santa Claws - The Twist family learn you better be careful what you wish for when Pete meets Santa Claws Number 115,302 .
8. Wunderpants - The moral of this story is to never dry your undies in the microwave - something Pete Twist discovers to great embarrassment.
9. Lucky Lips - Pete finds a magical lipstick that makes him irresistable to the girls at school including to both their horror his own sister!
10. Know All - When a trunk of circus clothes is washed up on the beach the children think they have the solution to their naked scarecrow problem. Unfortunately the scarecrow comes to life and it is the kids who are terrified.
11. The Cloning Machine - The Twists find a cloning machine - you would have thought they'd learned their lesson by now.
12. Without My Pants - Pete Twist finds that he ends every sentence with the words "without my pants".
13. Lighthouse Blues - The Twists are evicted but will they be able to save their home with the help of the resident ghosts?