Newest Review: ... it has been missed. It's a shamble since I'm not sure who is now responsible British Gas or Dynorod since each ask me to speak to the o... more
Member Name: Orionweigh
Advantages: None that I can think of
Disadvantages: Lack of courtesy, consistency, and honesty
Last October my wife accepted the assurances of a salesman that BG would
1) supply gas and electricity cheaper than our then current supplier
2) not increase the prices for the next two years.
In December we received gas and electricity bills slightly higher than our previous average, but as it was in the middle of winter we didn't think too much about it until this week, when we received another gas bill. This one was for almost twice our normal late winter bill, and my wife phoned the complaints and queries number on our bill. She was told that as we had nothing in writing to prove that the two claims above had been made then we no cause for complaint and that we must basically pay up and shut up.
Yesterday our electricity bill arrived. The sum required was more than double, and once again a phone call was made to the complaints and queries number. This time we were told that our rate was capped but that our consumption had increased. My wife then asked to speak to a manager and was promptly cut off. A further call made absolutely no progress, not even an apology for the termination of the previous call so I looked up one of my old bills from our previous supplier. A call to the number on the back of that bill was answered immediately by a charming young lady who helped us through the simple process of transferring our account back to its old home.
Like anybody I can make a mistake, however I see no benefit in either perpetuating, or repeating a mistake.
Summary: As truthful as Jeffrey Archer, just not as entertaining.
More reviews in the field of Utility Service
- NPower charging new customers for old cusomers bills
- What Does It Take To TurnThem On?
- Do not go anywhere near them
- Powergen - I don't think they care!
- British Gas/ Dyno Rod/ homecare 300/ Never again
- It's a government supported rip off so what can you do?
- Scottish Power - cheap rates but no service
- DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY
- What SWALEC are REALLY like!
- DO NOT USE Utility Warehouse