Newest Review: ... so the balancing was done in addition to my monthly payment. Needless to say, I contacted EDF Energy about this again pointing out al... more
Terrible customer service - avoid
Member Name: mh42
Disadvantages: See headline
Well lets just say that this isnt going to be an objective review as I am rather annoyed at the moment.
Anyway, to the topic at hand.
In 2007 I moved into a new rented house with several others and noticed that there were several letters addressed to the previous tennents for overdue payments on bills. I immediately rang EDF and said that we had just moved in and that the previous balance had nothing to do with us. This was agreed and I provided a meter reading for them there and then.
Everything was fine until a couple of months ago when I received a letter threatening disconnection if the outstanding balance was not paid. Once again seeing as I had just paid my recent bill, I stated that this outstanding balance had nothing to do with me and again I was given an apology. The letters however are continuing and now I cannot even get through to customer service? My advice - stay well clear if you can!
Summary: Terrible customer service - avoid
More reviews in the field of Utility Service
- It's a government supported rip off so what can you do?
- Bad thieves
- Denied the right to choose payment method
- Don't rely on Npower to do what they say they will do.
- Suitable for the average user who doesn't depend upon broadband speeds
- Don't Use Npower!!
- BRITISH GAS - CUSTOMER SERVICE ???DOESN'T EXIST.
- Avoid NPower unless you want an awful and expensive experience!!
- Power with a conscience
- Scottish Power - cheap rates but no service