Newest Review: ... so the balancing was done in addition to my monthly payment. Needless to say, I contacted EDF Energy about this again pointing out al... more
Unrivalled Customer Service in the UK Domestic Energy Sector
Member Name: eyedo6789
Advantages: Good Prices, Variable Tarifs Offered, Great Customer Services
Disadvantages: I have experienced none to date.
I can't speak highly enough of EDF Energy.
Firstly let me emphasize that I am not an employee of EDF and have absolutely no connection (if you excuse the pun) with them whatsoever apart from being a domestic user of their energy.
They have been my supplier for both Gas and Electricity in the last two properties that I have lived in.
What are their good points then?
1. I have found them to be competitive on price with them in general being near the top of the best prices list at any given point in time. Of course this varies and energy suppliers don't all adjust their prices at the same time as each other. It is also true that there are often 1 or 2 suppliers who will undercut everyone else for a limited period to get customers to switch only to hike their prices a short period of time later. These under cutters are often companies with very poor customer services and a high level of complaints against them.
2. EDF are keen to actively promote more cost effective tariffs and price packages to their customers. For example they are currently promoting a deal to get 20% of all electricity that is consumed after 9 p.m. on week days and all day Saturday and Sunday. It involves having a different meter fitted which they did for free for me. You also have to sign a new 12 month contract.
The tariff is called Eco 20/20 and is being advertised on television, radio and newspapers as well as being directly marketed to existing customers.
This is a good offer and you can save even more money if you deliberately use electricity hungry appliances such as washing machines only after 9 p.m. or at week ends.
3. Their customer services is outstanding. On the dozen or so times I have called them either to give a meter reading, make an over the phone payment, request a bill or inform them of a change of address they have always answered the phone within 6 rings. Furthermore they are always very helpful and its a freephone number.
4. They have never made a billing error whilst I have had an account with them.
Myself and many people I know have had some awful customer service experiences and incorrect billing problems with certain other energy suppliers so my experience with EDF is very refreshing.
I do not have any negative points to report about them as I have only ever had positive experiences with them as a supplier.
This review is also posted on www.ciao.co.uk
under my user name bella6789
Summary: If the cheapest or nearly the cheapest then switch to them in my opinion.
More reviews in the field of Utility Service
- It's a government supported rip off so what can you do?
- British Gas
- Wessex Water - excellent service
- ***Warning*** - Stay away from Scottish Power!
- Utility Warehouse - Unarguably The Best deal For Us!
- Don't Use Npower!!
- Scottish Power - cheap rates but no service
- DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY
- What SWALEC are REALLY like!