Newest Review: ... so the balancing was done in addition to my monthly payment. Needless to say, I contacted EDF Energy about this again pointing out al... more
No problems with EDF
Member Name: pcharles82
Advantages: Read and Reward Scheme and Nectar points
Disadvantages: They didnt reduce their charges as much as some of the other companys recently
I was previously with Powergen and had all sorts of problems with my meter readings, I ended up owing them about £300 due to wrong meter reads. When I moved we signed up to EDF and they seem alot better, one of the best things is they offer a read and reward scheme for their meter readings. What they do is a week or so before your bill is due they send you a letter asking for a reading, you then take the reading and send it to them via their website. Not only does this help you keep up to date with your readings and bills but they also give you 2 or 300 nectar points each time you do it, as this is 4 times a year for gas and electric these soon up to a good little bonus. For a utilities company they are pretty good and I have had no problems so far.
Summary: Overall pretty good customer service and this is via a freephone number.
More reviews in the field of Utility Service
- 300% price increase on monthly direct debit with scottish power
- Incompetent, lying thieves! - British Gas
- Not bad for a utlitiies company!
- No probelms so far
- British Gas - not impressed
- WARNING !! use SSE at your OWN RISK !!
- EXTREMELY POOR SERVICE - AVOID THEM
- Avoid NPower unless you want an awful and expensive experience!!
- Power with a conscience
- Scottish Power customer online service