* Prices may differ from that shownMore Offers
I have owned a DC11 for 18 months and I can honestly say it is the worst thing I have ever bought in my life! It is cumbersome and heavy and I have had nothing but trouble from mine. Dyson have sent me parts and an engineer has serviced it (it worked OK for a short while) but still it is totally unreliable. I am just going to put up with it now until I can bear to spend more money on a new (different brand) vacuum cleaner. I do not want to have to spend another day waiting in for Dyson to send an engineer round. My heart sinks when it comes to vacuuming my floors - I hate it and will never buy a Dyson again. One of the 'help desk' people I spoke to at Dyson also hates them!!!
This is my first Dyson, this is also my first cylinder vacuum cleaner, I've always used uprights before, so I really didn't know what to expect from this, but it is FANTASTIC !!!
OK so I might be very easy to please, and it might be that my old cleaner was so useless towards the end of it's life that anything would be an improvement, but I don't think so, let me tell you why...
I used the 'which model is best for you' feature on the Dyson website which asks several questions about your cleaning needs and lifestyle and then suggests 2-3 models, from this list I choose the Dyson DC11 All Floors.
They weren't wrong - it delivers on all of the main criteria I gave them;
- it is very compact (if I didn't need the cupboard under the kitchen sink to keep all the other cleaning junk in, it would fit in there)
- when packed away the hose clips in all around the cylinder so that it is tucked neatly out of the way.
- it has only got one head to clean either carpet or hard floors (more of this in a bit) so there are no extra bits and pieces to get lost a the back of the cupboard under the stairs.
- the wand part (between the hose and the cleaning head) is telescopic so again it stores neatly away, but it can also be fixed at a variety of lengths so you can adjust it to a comfortable length for your height
- you can take the cleaning head to bits (and put it back together easily!) to get to that piece of plastic you have just hoovered up!
- like all Dysons it is bagless, and on this model it is really easy to un-clip the dust collection box bit and at the touch a button empty it into the bin, and it is just a easy to get the dust box back onto the machine
- the filter is washable (they suggest every 6 months) which compared to my last vacuum cleaner which needed the filters replacing every couple of months at £10 a shot is a big bonus for me.
- the cleaning head on this model has a button which when you press it in (dead easy to do with your toe as you are going along) it retract the bristles inside the head so that you can you over delecate rugs or straight onto hard floors. This is a big plus point for me as I have 3 rooms downstairs, one with carpet, one with laminate and one with tiles, so I can do all the floors in one go, without having to switch heads.
So these are all the features I am impressed with, but what about the most important feature of a vacuum cleaner ... does it clean?
I should say so. To be very honest with you I was ashamed, disgusted, freaked out and impressed all at the same time when I first used this cleaner on my floors. The amount of dirt, dust, fluff etc. that it picked up was unbelievable. To think that I had been sat on that carpet the night before watching telly - yuck!
So now I have lovely clean carpets and floors, the dyson is tucked away neatly under the stairs and there is still plenty of room in there for all my other junk .. what more can I say other than "I LOVE MY NEW DYSON" !!!