Product Type: Dyson vacuums
Newest Review: ... much dust there is in one house! I've got a pretty severe dust allergy that sets of my asthma but since having this it has done wonders ... more
Good but not that good
Dyson DC07 Allergy
Member Name: cjohnson99
Dyson DC07 Allergy
Date: 10/01/03, updated on 14/01/03 (698 review reads)
Advantages: Good suction, Warranty
Disadvantages: Weight, Build quality, Annoying tools
Advantages have been well documented but lets talk about some of the negatives, after only 3 months of use.
1. The weight - even for a fit, strong individual you can soon get a tired arm!
2. Because of the weight, if you use the flexible hose to the limit, the main body will come hurtling after you!
3. As with previous models, the flexible hose will soon split towards the top! Why don't Dyson get a grip on this one, and manufacture a quality fit for purpose?
4. The wheels! Always prone to breaking on previous models - now what have they done - but raised ridges round the circumference of the hard plastic wheels. So beware if you have soft wooden floors - they will ruin them! ALthough they have fitted a cunning device to stop the brushes rotating for wooden floors - they did not think of this problem.
5. And that hard fixed length tool arm is ridiculous - try to get that round a spiral staircase, it's a bit of fuss to remove for smaller jobs!
6. And now the foot tool has broken - sheared in to after just 3 months!
Always go for an extended warranty - shop for the cheapest option (and negotiate) - you will get your money's worth over the years!
More reviews in the field of Vacuum Cleaner
- What a sucker?!!!!
- Nice and clean with little effort - i'm in!!
- If I have to unblock that pipe one more time....!
- Panasonic MC-E590
- Made me into a saddo!
- THE QUEST FOR MONEY FINAL EPISODE
- Super easy cleaner with Steam
- Vax S2 - Where have you been all my life!
- Grime - Be Gone!
- Mopping about the house