Product Type: Dyson vacuums
Newest Review: ... the dyson up the stairs, I don't really need to be picking up extra weight. The Dyson DC14 is an upright model, which is very simple... more
A good pet vacuum!
Dyson DC14 Animal
Member Name: ChChCha
Dyson DC14 Animal
Advantages: Lasts ages, does the job and is a great invention !
Disadvantages: Is slightly heavy and the nozzle/wand is hard to use
I had the old dyson animal vacuum cleaner, however after seeing the dyson ball thought that it was a great little invention for getting around those awkward corners of furniture etc.!
The vacuum itself looks very sleek, with a grey/silver and purple exterior, it's similar to the old dyson animal, however it now had the ball function! It's easy to operate, with 2 attachments (a nozzle with an extending brush and a smaller vacuum head) and a simple and clear 'on/off' button. To operate it, you have to push a little lever at the back which releases the stand/wheels. This leaves you in control of the vacuum and ball, making it easy to move around corners and furniture with complete ease (however can be slightly trickier in smaller spaces). The only problem I've encountered with this so far is that it is slightly heavy, as you are holding the whole weight of the vacuum.
Another great feature is that it has a button to switch from hard floors (tiles, laminate, etc.) to carpets (it's default function is the 'carpet' one). When you push this button, the bristles stop turning inside the vacuum head, meaning they wont scratch hard surface floors, which is a fantastic feature.
Lastly, it has an extending 'wand' - you flip the cap on the handle and pull it out until you hear a 'click', then lift it off of the main vacuum body and you can use it to get into corners on your ceiling or your stairs etc. The only problem I've had with this function is that it's not obvious, or always easy, to lift the wand from the vacuum, though perhaps I need to read the instructions more carefully!
Summary: Would recommend!
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Vacuum Cleaner
- Extreme cyclone technology in a cleaning product
- "Essential" cleaner for my home!
- My mate Bissell
- Goodbye Dyson Hello Henry
- Hoover DM6213 - recommended
- This One Sucks, In A Good Way
- A lightweight vaccum buddy
- I've joined the Dyson fanclub with a DC19
- Handy little vacuum
- Do not believe the endless ads and great reviews!
- Gtech AirRam
- Bissell Cleanview Reach Carpet Cleaner
- Abode Steam Mop
- Polti Vaporettino Lux Steam
- Polti Lecoaspira 705 Steam
- Miele S8310 Bagged Cylinder Cleaner in Obsidian Black
- Zanussi ZAN4402 Powerplus
- AEG AUO8815B Ultraone Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
- Vax C89-P6N-T Power 6 Total Home
- Vax W90-RU-B Rapide Ultra Carpet Washer