Newest Review: ... dyson. The dirt that came out of the carpet nearly made me sick. The other Hoover really didn't work like the dyson did. The suction po... more
The best vacuum I have had
Dyson DC14 Origin
Member Name: CorrieH18
Dyson DC14 Origin
Advantages: No bags, powerful suction, worth the money
Disadvantages: Heavy and noisy
After years of hoovers breaking on me, or the nightmare of vacuum cleaner bags, I thought I would give a Dyson a chance, as my friend said she wouldn't have anything but a Dyson. They sounded alright after researching it, after all, Dyson had quickly gained its reliability and good quality, and the no bags part quickly grabbed my attention, that was a bit of money saved already!!
When I finally brought it and used it for the first time, it was quite an experience. It amazed me how much stuff is collected from the carpet, as the no bags function allows you to see everything the vacuum picks up in the plastic cylinder. This function is easily removed, and at a click of the button the dust is in the bin, it is so easy to empty... its bliss. With the hoover comes some useful brush attachments, but there wasn't too many that they were all falling off and making a simple job complicated.
I was shocked at how good it was at picking up the hardest of things on the carpet, although the noise the vacuum generates is a bit louder than some of the others I had (although they weren't as powerful in picking stuff up), so that can make it hard to hoover at longer periods of time if you have a bigger house. Also, it is quite heavy, although I find it can make the job a bit easier (or is that just me?) and it gives you quite a workout in your arms.
This particular one has four wheels, but Dyson have also got vacuums that rotate on a ball, and are meant to be more practical, although I haven't tried it myself. Also, it is a bit more expensive than some of the other brands of vacuums, but that balanced out when you count the money saved on bags, as well as it lasting forever and a day, so repurchasing isn't necessary. I also believe there is quite a good guarantee on Dyson's, which is good if it does break down. I will defiantly be buying another Dyson in the future, and would recommend it to a friend
Summary: Expensive but it lasts longer than any other
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Vacuum Cleaner
- Dyson DC07 A vacuum cleaner that never lets me down
- A hoover that sucks up dirt, then spits it back out!
- Cheap for a reason
- It Could Have Been So Good!
- Only gave it one star because I couldn't give it none
- Zoom around the room with this vacuum
- Cleaning my carpets
- Modern looking hoover
- Small but mighty!
- Great value.
- Sebo X4 Extra Upright 1300W Vacuum Cleaner in Dark Blue & Yellow
- Vax V-026
- Miele S571
- Bosch BGS5ECOGB GS-50 Power Eco Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Bagless White
- Dyson DC15 Animal
- Numatic HVR200P
- Bosch BSGL5ALLGB GL-50 Power All Floor Vacuum Cleaner Moonlight Blue
- Bosch BGS4200GB GS-40 Compact All Floor Vacuum Cleaner Crystal Blue
- Bosch BGS4140GB GS-40 Compact Allergy Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Black
- Samsung VC21F60YKGC Vacuum Cleaner 2100W Cylinder Titanium Silver