Product Type: Dyson vacuums
Newest Review: ... that show me that it is starting to "die" is a slight loss of suction (despite Dyson repeatedly saying how Dysons don't lose su... more
GOSH WHAT A LONG HOSE!
Member Name: dawnymarie
Date: 01/10/10, updated on 25/10/11 (113 review reads)
Advantages: Makes a girl very happy!
Disadvantages: None to think of
Picture this if you will:
A tall and slender young woman stuck half way up her staircase with a bulky and inflexible not to mention heavy vacuum cleaner - she struggles onwards an upwards with sweat on her brow from the exertion and the heat being produced from the cleaner eventually reaching the top and very glad about it too! The only thing is that now the poor girl has to lug this beast down the staircase again! Phew - with that done there is one more chore to be done before the blue beast is put away. The whole emptying of the dust bag session - and what a performance that is from the tricky disconnection to the very dusty and inhaling ghastly amounts of dust and allergens to the ever so niggly reconnection. This was my experience of cleaning the staircase and emptying the bag prior to researching and discovering my knight in shiny armour - oh my kingdom for a Dyson DC14.
Yes after thorough research with three very important issues to address ( 1. weight 2. hose length 3. ease of emptying and maintaining) and of course price as we all like value for money don't we - I spotted the Dyson DC14 now known as The Saviour or Knight in Shining Armour! Believe me this is exactly true for me.
I ordered and The Saviour cost £119 in the sale at Currys - I think this is a great price as with this cleaner you are most certainly getting what you pay for and more besides.
Arriving in a well presented and protective box and packaging the Dyson itself is an attractive piece of kit. This guy is silver (knight in shining armour!) and yellow and has some red buttons too! Nice, I am well pleased and impressed before I have even tried him out. Along with the cleaner comes a great user friendly 'user guide' and this is presented in picture format which I find really easy to follow, there are even little images on the cleaner itself to show you how to attach and detach, open and close, switch on and off etc etc.
What about the Damsel in distress's 3 wishes?
1. Weight - this cleaner is much lighter than the beast and so easy to lift as it has a handle and it seems to glide effortlessly along any kind of floor - carpet or wood or tile!
2. Hose length - Yes Yes Yes and Oh Yes! The damsels eyes lit up when she saw the capability of this hose, the staircase is never again to be a problem for this girl as the hose reaches from the floor at ground level and right to the very top step! How long is that! Mighty impressive and makes this job so easy. The hose has three attachments that sit on top of the cleaner base that you can use on the staircase and makes cleaning a joy! Results are great as the suction is awesome.
3. Emptying and maintenance - Joy oh Joy! This is oh so simple as you just press a button and off comes the dust carrier - out you go to the bin and press the release button and hey presto you are done. Click back in place and you are ready again to see the Knight in action. Filter cleaning is very easy too and there are step by step picture guides to show you how...simples!
The Knight has a great length of power cord which allows for plenty cleaning action from one space to another without needing to change plug sockets.
You can purchase a range of extra attachments eg for dusting or different turbine heads for the hose for low floors or difficult to reach thin nooks and cranny's. So many options.
My husband steals my Knight away and cleans his car with the flexible and sturdy, high suction hose - he thinks it is great!
You can adjust the brush height easily with a roller function on the front of the cleaner for hard floors or carpets.
Picture this if you will:
A tall and slender young woman glides from step to step with a smile on her face and singing merrily as she cleans the steps with the long hose. Once finished she simply turns and dances down the steps of the staircase and reconnects the hose to an impressive knight that is in shining armour. She notices that the cleaner could do with emptying so she effortlessly glides the eager cleaner along the floor and carefully caresses the release button so that she can take the container and empty the contents in the bin. She returns and gleefully clicks the container back in place - now what a difference that is!
Do you think I would recommend this cleaner to you today - mmm lets think for a millionth of a nano second - absolutely yes!
Go get yourself a Knight in shining armour - you deserve it!
Thanks for reading.
Summary: A knight in shining armour and he's mine!
|Ease of use:|
- Bosch BGS5PETGB GS-50 Power Animal Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Tornado Red
- Bosch BGS5SILGB GS-50 Power Silence Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder 66dB Black
- Samsung SS7555 Vacuum Cleaner FlexSlim Bagless Handstick Blue on Black
- Bosch BSGL5ALLGB GL-50 Power All Floor Vacuum Cleaner Moonlight Blue
- Bosch BGS4200GB GS-40 Compact All Floor Vacuum Cleaner Crystal Blue
- Samsung SS7550 Vacuum Cleaner FlexSlim Bagless Handstick Blue on White
- Bosch BSGL5PETGB GL-50 Power Animal Vacuum Cleaner Bagged Tornado Red
- Bosch BGS5ECOGB GS-50 Power Eco Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Bagless White
- Vax S88-W1M-B White Stick Steam Cleaner
- Vax C88-M8-B Mach 8 Cylinder