Newest Review: ... a combination of dust, sand and dribble on a regular basis, the once shiny bin and clear section on the base plate are now a filthy muck co... more
Dyson DC25 Animal
Member Name: kmp2112
Dyson DC25 Animal
Advantages: Can't think of any...
Disadvantages: Suctions is poor, pipe does not reach very far.
We purchased this vacuum about a year ago and from the very first use it has been disappointing. We previously owned a Hoover brand upright vacuum but when that broke we were looking forward to getting a Dyson. Out of everything that you hear about Dyson vacuums the fact that they are fantastic when it comes to suction is Dyson's greatest selling point. However, we could tell from the first use that the suction was nowhere near as good as our previous Hoover vacuum. We do have a dog but he doesn't shed much hair, but I do! I style my hair almost everyday, it is long and after washing, brushing, blow drying, straightening or curling there is always quite a bit of hair left on my carpet. This vacuum however has never actually removed all the hair from my carpet. I have got down on my hands and knees on many occasions and wiping my hand along the carpet big bundles of hair comes away - after I have hoovered! Additionally, the long bit at the bottom where the suctions comes from is very difficult to clean, we have tried on a number of occasions and after doing so the suction has barely come out at all! We have called up the Dyson help line which we feel is very good, always on hand and has been very friendly and useful. But even when its back to normal the suction is always poor I feel. The pipe is also difficult to use as it barely comes away from the vacuum, compared with our old Hoover upright that had a great pipe that you could really reach with. Overall, this has been a disappointing vacuum, despite our initial excitement at owning a Dyson.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Vacuum Cleaner
- Reeeeeeeeeallly heavy!
- Pretty in pink beat dull and grey!
- Alcohol abuse! Will leave you sucking up urine, toe nails and who's are those wo ...
- Clean floors, no mopping! Perfect
- A good vacuum but loses suction quickly.
- How clean are you carpets?
- A blowy vacuum cleaner
- Quest Steam Mop - does the job, but nothing fancy
- Would not be without my carpet cleaner.
- Electrololux cyclone 1800
- Miele S8320 Bagged Cylinder Cleaner in Autumn Red
- Hoover SSW1700 SteamJet Steam & Sweep Mop
- Hoover CJ600 CleanJet Carpet Cleaner
- Zanussi ZAN1832 Compact Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
- Morphy Richards 73231
- Vax S88-W1M-B White Stick Steam Cleaner
- Zanussi ZAN2011AZ AirSpeed Lite Pet
- Vax C88-M8-B Mach 8 Cylinder
- Hoover TCU 1410
- Hoover SJ 48 DWB