Product Type: Dyson vacuums
Newest Review: ... as it means there's no fiddly nozzles to attatch or stick to the unit. As with all Dysons these days, you empty it by flicking a little cli... more
Member Name: Craig54
Advantages: Reliable, excellent suction, easy to use
Disadvantages: Expensive, poor battery life
Dyson's are known for their excellent suction, thought out design and reliability. I'm glad to say this product follows that trend.
~~~ VACUUMING ~~~
This little device has excellent suction and it is, by far, the best handheld vacuum cleaner I have ever used. It is a slightly heavier than some of the competing products but this caused no difficulty while vacuuming. The attachments are easy to attach/remove.
~~~ EMPTYING ~~~
I found the vacuum cleaner very easy to empty; in fact, it is far easier than any other handheld vacuum cleaner I have used. To empty, you simply hold it over a bin, press a button and the bottom opens causing the contents to fall into the bin.
Quite often, the dust/crumbs/etc will stick and not fall into the bid. In these cases you have to pull the dust out manual. Although this was a disadvantage and a little bit inconvenient, it really wasn't much of a problem and might be as a result of me filling the vacuum cleaner too full.
On that note, I should say that the vacuum cleaner does need emptied quite regularly but it only takes two minutes to empty. On the plus side, the reason it needs emptied so often is due to its excellent suction capabilities that mean lots of dust/crumbs/etc and picked up.
~~~ BATTERY LIFE ~~~
I found battery life to be okay but not brilliant. I get 1 or 2 uses out of the vacuum cleaner in between charges. On the other hand, I have never used a handheld vacuum cleaner which I have thought had good battery life. Keeping the product plugged in when not in use means that battery life is seldom an issue.
~~~ RELIABILITY ~~~
I have had absolutely no reliability issues with this, or any other Dyson product I have owned. The build quality is excellent.
~~~ VALUE FOR MONEY ~~~
This product is more expensive than other similar products but I feel it is good value for money. Cheaper products tend to be less reliable, more difficult to use, and be poorer at vacuuming. I would recommend paying that bit extra for this product as it really is worth the money.
Summary: Overall, this product offers excellent value for money and is worth the extra cost.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Vacuum Cleaner
- Great hoover and a funky quirky design, why settle for less
- Hetty vacuum cleaner
- The best vacuum I have had
- Cheap for a reason
- It Could Have Been So Good!
- A Dyson convert from the moment of unboxing
- Spring Cleaning just got easier!
- The Ultimate Vacuum Cleaner "Solution" For Eco-Friendly Cleaning?
- Do not believe the endless ads and great reviews!
- Vax VCC-05
- Bosch BGS5PETGB GS-50 Power Animal Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Tornado Red
- Bosch BGS5SILGB GS-50 Power Silence Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder 66dB Black
- Samsung SS7550 Vacuum Cleaner FlexSlim Bagless Handstick Blue on White
- Bosch BSGL5PETGB GL-50 Power Animal Vacuum Cleaner Bagged Tornado Red
- Bosch BGS5ECOGB GS-50 Power Eco Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Bagless White
- iRobot Roomba 530
- Electrolux Z8800AZ
- Electrolux Z8801AZ
- Sebo K3 Vulcano 9684GB