Product Type: Dyson vacuums
Newest Review: ... my first one, I had been using a cheapish pull along and when I first used my Dyson, it actually looked like I'd had my carpets clean... more
Dyson - perfect in almost every way...
Member Name: kissandmakeup
Advantages: Unbeatable suction power, very easy to empty
Disadvantages: Tube / tools are a pain to use
Having never had a Dyson until last year I had never realised what I was missing until I got mine.
Having two cats I have to vacuum regularly to get rid of cat hair, bits of litter tramped about, dirt trampled in etc, not to mention the mud tramped in by my son and general crumbs & mess! When using any other type of vacuum you may think you have got your carpets clean but once you use a Dyson you will realise just how much dirt you have been missing! Starting from a seemingly clean floor I used the Dyson for the first time and couldn't believe how much dust, dirt & hair it picked up! Due to the clear cylinder you can see just how much dirt there has been lying around your home!
So, to give a general summary of this product........
1) It really does do a brilliant job of picking up dirt from your carpets, this is plain to see and my carpets certainly looked much better after using this than when using other types of vaccums.
2) It is extremely easy to empty and it is great not to have to mess about changing vaccum bags etc. It literally takes two minutes to empty with minimal mess.
3) My only criticism of it is the tube / tools bit of it. Rather than having a bendy tube attached which you can fit various nozzles and brushes to for cleaning in corners, or vacuuming your furniture and curtains etc, it actually forms part of the handle. This means that is is very tricky to use and is not flexible like you need it to be. It is a shame because the main vacuuming function of this is brilliant, but with regards to the tools etc it is a real pain to use and I find it easier just to use a dustpan and brush for some things instead.
Summary: Great for main area of carpets, not so great for corners / furniture
|Ease of use:|
- Miele S8320 Bagged Cylinder Cleaner in Autumn Red
- Hoover SSW1700 SteamJet Steam & Sweep Mop
- Hoover CJ600 CleanJet Carpet Cleaner
- Zanussi ZAN1832 Compact Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
- Karcher SC4.100C
- Morphy Richards 73231
- Miele S2131 Bagged Cylinder Cleaner
- Dyson DC47 Multi Floor
- Hoover BR2201
- Karcher K5800T Pressure Washer