Newest Review: ... directly to the motor unit and used on those closer, easier to reach places, such as stairs and worktops. The crevice tool which looks... more
Typical Dyson price tag
Dyson DC35 Multi Floor
Member Name: kathboo
Dyson DC35 Multi Floor
Advantages: Convenient, light, powerful
I was in two minds as to whether to buy one of these vacuum cleaners or not. Having a white dog and a white cat means I am constantly vacuuming up pet hairs so rather than spending time and effort dragging round and plugging in my usual vac, I thought this would be an easier way to do it. The hefty £200 price tag meant I didn't want to spend all that hard earned money on one before knowing I would like it, so I decided to borrow my mum's for the week while she was on holiday in order to help me make my mind up. It did help me do this, and even though I loved the device, and it has more advantages than disadvantages, I can't warrant spending that amount of money on one.
* Convenient - this was my main reason for wanting one, and it didn't disappoint on this front. Vacuuming was turned from a chore into an activity I dare say I rather enjoyed. It was great not to have to lug my big vacuum cleaner out, and then move it from room to room and keep changing the plug sockets. I simply turned this machine on and I could quickly and easily vac any area of the house. The best thing was the staps - not having to worry about wires or dragging heavy machines upstairs. As soon as I saw hair or dust I sucked it up, rather than putting it off til tomorrow.
The collecting unit is at the top of the handle and is emptied simply by pressing a button. Not only is this super convenient, but it is also clean and avpids any dust floating away back to surfaces you've just cleaned.
* Small and light - the size of the machine makes it easy to store in any cupboard or even corner of a room easily. It is lightweight which is great for moving it between rooms, on the stairs or even to the car. It also means that my children actually want to vac! I'm sure the novelty will wear off but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. It's size along with the fact that it is upright also makes it ideal for anyone with back problems or older people as it keeps bending over to a minimum.
* Low noise - It's not a noisy machine like many vacuum cleaners are, and I don't get told off too much whilst doing it in the living room whilst the TV is on!
* Powerful - I must admit that this is one area I was concerned about. I expected the cleaner not to have much power to it, and lack the suction necessary to pick up things such as pet hair (which is the main thing I wanted it for.) However, I was pleasantly surprised. I would say it isn't quite as powerful as my main plug-in vacuum cleaner, but it's not so far off. As an estimate I would say it's about 95% as powerful, just a few areas need going over a couple of times.
* It's a Dyson - My main cleaner is a Dyson and I think they have the number one reputation when it comes to vacuuming products. I had previously never been tempted by a cordless vac as the general consensus I had heard was that they aren't very good. However, as soon as I heard Dyson had made one my ears pricked up.
* Battery life - The battery takes about an hour or so to charge up, but lasts just 13 minutes. If planning to use this vacuum to clean the whole house in one go you would have t get your skates on/. For this reason, I found it better to use it in addition rather than instead of the main vac, or just on the stairs or certain other areas.
* Frequent emptying - Understandably, due to the size of the machine, it doesn't have a huge collecting capacity so it does need frequent emptying. This is easily done (as said above) but it can slow what should be a fast job down.
* Price - the main drawback to me is the price. I've looked at many different electric stores, catalogue stores and online and cannot find anywhere that will give me much change out of £200. As great as this machine is, I can't bring myself to pay so much money for an additional cleaning appliance which, if I'm honest, I don't actually need.
I have therefore spent £3.99 instead on a long handled lint removing roller brush and it does the job just as well!!
Summary: Brilliant, just a bit expensive
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Vacuum Cleaner
- Panasonic MCE778
- Electrolux 1359 Boss
- Bosch BGS5PETGB GS-50 Power Animal Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Tornado Red
- Bosch BSGL5ALLGB GL-50 Power All Floor Vacuum Cleaner Moonlight Blue
- Bosch BGS4200GB GS-40 Compact All Floor Vacuum Cleaner Crystal Blue
- Bosch BSGL5PETGB GL-50 Power Animal Vacuum Cleaner Bagged Tornado Red
- Bosch BGS5ECOGB GS-50 Power Eco Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Bagless White
- Panasonic Icon
- Panasonic Icon &39
- Panasonic MCE461