Product Type: Hoover vacuums
Newest Review: ... reaching up to the ceiling for cobwebs and cleaning stairs are very easy. The Hoover is not too heavy, and all the cable stores on the bac... more
No labour saving here!
Hoover HU4177T Hurricane
Member Name: Milliebert
Hoover HU4177T Hurricane
Disadvantages: Reliability is very poor
As an owner of Hoover appliances, i.e. fridge freezer and tumble dryer, when I saw this Hoover on sale at £49.99 I bought it without worrying about the brand. It is a brand I trust. Or so I thought!
My previous vacuum cleaner was Henry, and I had him for 18 years. So I studied the information on the box for this Hoover, realised it met all needs, that being two, that it should pick up dirt and cat hair. It did do that, on its first use. I was amazed at how powerful it was. But that feeling of vacuuming contentment soon disipated!
The design is attractive, and there are settings on the front for hard floor, short carpet, intense clean, long carpet etc. All the tools and accessories fit onto the cleaner, so storage is very easy. The handle is releasedat the push of a button and becomes an extension pole, so reaching up to the ceiling for cobwebs and cleaning stairs are very easy. The Hoover is not too heavy, and all the cable stores on the back as with most uprights. There is a separate tool for tackling pet hair, which again, on first use was awesome and my stairs looked fabulous, as the tools get to all the hard to reach places. Emptying it, the first time, is great. You just unclip the cylinder, twist off the filter and empty into the bin. Easy huh?
What then happens is that dust gets into the grooves on the filter and the suction is never the same again. I even followed the instructions for washing the filter, which was laborious but it still didn't work. Then last week, I decided to Hoover up the pine needles from the Christmas tree. It took twenty minutes before I gave up,and got the dustpan and brush out. Add to that the fact that when I put the extension pole/handle back in, the clip decided not to work and you will begin to understand the frustration I felt! Now it is impossible to push the Hoover, because you can't pull it back- you're just left with the handle in your hand!
So overall, this Hoover I expected to get a good five years from has lasted me six months. I won't buy one again, and I can't recommend you buy one either.
Summary: Great product for one use only!
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Vacuum Cleaner
- Samsung VC21F60YKGC Vacuum Cleaner 2100W Cylinder Titanium Silver
- Bosch BGS5PETGB GS-50 Power Animal Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Tornado Red
- Bosch BGS5SILGB GS-50 Power Silence Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder 66dB Black
- Samsung SS7555 Vacuum Cleaner FlexSlim Bagless Handstick Blue on Black
- Bosch BSGL5ALLGB GL-50 Power All Floor Vacuum Cleaner Moonlight Blue
- Bosch BGS4200GB GS-40 Compact All Floor Vacuum Cleaner Crystal Blue
- Bosch BGS4140GB GS-40 Compact Allergy Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Black
- Samsung SS7550 Vacuum Cleaner FlexSlim Bagless Handstick Blue on White
- Bosch BSGL5PETGB GL-50 Power Animal Vacuum Cleaner Bagged Tornado Red
- Bosch BGS5ECOGB GS-50 Power Eco Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Bagless White