Newest Review: ... but I noted that the cat and dog could be turned up or down as required to change the suction power. It also appeared to be a comp... more
Picks up hairs and dust that others cannot
Miele Cat & Dog
Member Name: sce8pmh
Miele Cat & Dog
Advantages: Well thought out design.
Disadvantages: Extra head that does not have any dedicated stowage
I bought the miele cat and dog a few months ago based on several reviews online and also a recommendation from a random person in the shop I was buying it from.
The selling point for this vacuum is that it has a special head that is meant to lift more cat/dog hairs than a normal vacuum. I think after a couple of months I can say that it does indeed pick up more cat hairs than my old vacuum and probably other vacuums on the market. As well as the special head it comes with the other usual routine heads which have a special stowage area inside the main vacuum body. The is also a "stowage area" for the telescopic suction tube - a slot on the side of the main body that the brushes can slot into. It should be noted that the special cat head does not have any stowage area. To complement the different heads it has a variable power dial so that you can vary the power output of the vacuum depending on the surface you are trying to clean.
Movement and handling wise, it is slightly heavier than my old vacuum but it is still light enough to carry and the wheels on the body make it very nimble.
While the vacuum is slightly more expensive that other vacuums on the market it does have the ability to extend the warranty out to 10years for only £30 directly from Miele. The extended warranty also comes with an extra 2 bags. As a result of this warranty I have no need to buy a new vacuum cleaner for the next 10 years!
Overall, first impressions are very favourable for this vacuum and I can recommend it highly.
Summary: Worth the extra cost
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Vacuum Cleaner
- Great hoover and a funky quirky design, why settle for less
- Hetty vacuum cleaner
- Dyson DC30
- Motor to powerful for the home
- The best vacuum I have had
- Bissell Easy Vac. Does exactly what its name says.
- Great value.
- Hoover hiccups
- Light, powerful and easy to use.
- The best solution I've found to clearing pet hair
- Typhoon 1800 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Panasonic MCE4103
- Vax VS-19
- Lakeland Hand-Held Turbo Vac
- Vax V-100
- Hoover SJ4000DB4 Jovis
- Vax C90P2NP 2200Watts Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner PET HEPA Bagless
- Vax C90MVXPC 220AirWatts Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner Cyclonic Bagless
- Vax C89PM2P 2000Watts Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner HEPA Turbo Bagless
- Vax C89P6NR 2200Watts Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner HEPA Bagless