Product Type: Miele vacuums
Newest Review: ... noticeable. The plastics are much much thinner for a start. I'm sure that Miele will claim this is to reduce weight however the clea... more
Miele - What has happened to the Quality?
Miele 5000 Revolution
Member Name: patentspending
Miele 5000 Revolution
Date: 23/10/10, updated on 23/10/10 (217 review reads)
Advantages: Good suction & Filtering
Disadvantages: Expensive to buy and run, Build Quality Poor (compared to previous model)
This is my 2nd Miele. I will compare and contrast with the previous model.
Changes have been made to try and improve the problem with the fingertip controls. The previous model would suffer from intermittent contacts causing the suction settings to be reduced to zero. I got fedup with taking the handle assembly apart and re-tensioning the contacts. The new design has an improved fingertip handle & suction control with an improved swivel mechanism.
Suction is as good.
Pickup of pethair using electro brush is good.
The reduced build quality is particularly noticeable. The plastics are much much thinner for a start. I'm sure that Miele will claim this is to reduce weight however the cleaner seems just as heavy.
The electrobrush fixing to the tubing broke off within 12 months of use. This looks like a design floor in the new moulding used. I am now using my old electrobrush with the new cleaner.
Inserting hose to poles is very stiff indeed and equally difficult to seperate them.
Occasionally hose and entry point into hoover bag are not seated correctly causing dust to enter around the outside of the bag (in the hoover casing) and pass into the filters. This eventually causes the filters to block up and the lid blows out with a pop and then shuts down due to overheating. This then requires ALL filters to be replaced including the expensive HEPA filter.
The bag full indicator sticks on full.
The lid housing the tools flips up during use.
The replacement bags are expensive. Tried non-manufacturer branded which do not perform at all well.
Power cord could do with being longer as is shorter than previous model.
In summary the design floors, cost cutting coupled with the high outlay and operational costs make this a very poor purchase indeed.
Strongly advise you look elsewhere.
Summary: Poor quality, Relative high cost to buy and own. Get what you pay for - not this time!
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Vacuum Cleaner
- Dustbuster, to the rescue!
- A classic floor sweeper
- Funky and red, but fails non the less!
- Argos Value Vacuum Cleaner
- Vanquish that Dust
- This One Sucks, In A Good Way
- A lightweight vaccum buddy
- I've joined the Dyson fanclub with a DC19
- Handy little vacuum
- Do not believe the endless ads and great reviews!
- Hoover SSW1700 SteamJet Steam & Sweep Mop
- Hoover CJ600 CleanJet Carpet Cleaner
- Zanussi ZAN1832 Compact Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
- Karcher SC4.100C
- Karcher K5800T Pressure Washer
- Samsung VC21F50HUDB Vacuum Cleaner 2100W Cylinder Vitality Blue
- Bosch BSGL5ALLGB GL-50 Power All Floor Vacuum Cleaner Moonlight Blue
- Bosch BGS4200GB GS-40 Compact All Floor Vacuum Cleaner Crystal Blue
- Bosch BGS4140GB GS-40 Compact Allergy Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Black
- Samsung VC21F60YKGC Vacuum Cleaner 2100W Cylinder Titanium Silver