Newest Review: ... bagged vacumn but the bags are huge! They take at least 4 weeks before needing changing and the suck-age from the 1300 watt motor is consis... more
vax 6131..orange power!
Member Name: teafan11
Date: 21/02/12, updated on 21/02/12 (69 review reads)
Advantages: great suction and is a wet and dry cleaner.
Disadvantages: quite heavy and bulky.
I purchased the vax 6131 when my old vacuum finally gave up the ghost. I was drawn to it because it had the cleaning capabilities and vacuum at a very reasonable price. I was dubious of the fact it was a bagged vacuum. However this is not an issue at all...it retains its 1300 watt powerful suction constantly, which did surprise me. I was very impressed with the tubes that are metal as apposed to the normal plastic which makes it a lot more durable. Spare and additional parts are readily available also very reasonably priced, you can even get a reusable bag for about eight pounds, if you prefer that to continually buying the paper ones. However these are quite large 10 ltrs of dust and very cheap about three pound for five..
Swapping from vacuum to wet is very straight forward, you simply change the filter to the water tank and attaching the pipe and swapping the head there are two buttons on the top one red one green, the red is for vaccuming only then when you clean you press the red button then the green to activate the water pump, and the instructions are extremely clear. It has casters on the base so is easy to manoeuvre which is handy because it is quite heavy.
There are three four main parts excluding the pipes and tubes, the base which holds the dirty water when wet cleaning and the bag (which clips in) when dry cleaning, then you either place the filter or the clean water tank and then the motor clip on top of these with two plastic clips. Very sturdy and robust!!
You can buy the vax cleaning solution with this but i tend to use my trusted white vinegar and essential oils with water to clean the carpets.
The only problem is i find it quite large for doing the stairs however the tubes are sufficient to reach,cleaning after use and emptying the water is simple, just unclip and tip out and i use a cloth to wipe around... it does need to be filled with fresh water frequently as it only has a four litre capacity which does get used surprisingly fast, the other issue is room to store it...but really they are not huge issues and the vacuum is great in every other way and excellent value for money, and you receive a 1 year warrenty. I would highly recommend!
Summary: A great vacuum with amazing suction and cleaning carpets is easy.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Vacuum Cleaner
- A Panasonic That's Eco Friendly On Power But Not So Eco Friendly On The Pocket!
- I though you were a 'HOOOOOOOVER'
- Small but Mighty
- The world's friendliest, pinkest hoover- brilliant for pet owners
- Washes the floors for me! An awesome robot.
- This Sebo's a super sucker!
- Limp and lacklustre
- A great Vacuum cleaner with serious POWER!
- A Poky, Powerful & Portable Panasonic!
- Bang and the dirt is gone
- Bosch BGS5PETGB GS-50 Power Animal Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Tornado Red
- Bosch BGS5SILGB GS-50 Power Silence Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder 66dB Black
- Samsung SS7550 Vacuum Cleaner FlexSlim Bagless Handstick Blue on White
- Bosch BSGL5PETGB GL-50 Power Animal Vacuum Cleaner Bagged Tornado Red
- Bosch BGS5ECOGB GS-50 Power Eco Vacuum Cleaner Cylinder Bagless White
- Vax VZL-7071 Mach 1
- Dirt Devil DDCYL4
- Panasonic MCCG383
- Panasonic MCCG485
- Vax V-024