Newest Review: ... It offers something for everyone whether it's family fun or exercising it does everything. I got a Wii when they first came out and have n... more
This really is the best console for the whole family!
Member Name: edwardjmarsh
Advantages: Bring the family together for some great fun!
Disadvantages: It would be better if you could charge the remotes without buying extra accessories.
I remember when Nintendo announced this console that people really couldn't take anything with a name like this seriously! Many of my friends immediately turned their backs to this potentially great console, due to the fact from past experience, that Nintendo do seem to aim there consoles at a more family friendly market.
I had no intention of purchasing one of these consoles myself either but my parents very kindly purchased one for our family. I had seen other people using the Wii but never actually got my hands on one.
- First Impressions -
My first impressions of the Wii were extremely positive. The console looks very futuristic and it is also a very neat machine which tucks away nicely at the side of the TV. The wireless controller sensor sits also ontop of the TV and is not very noticeable due to the fact that our TV is black.
Unlike other consoles Nintendo are kind enough to ship the console with the Wii Sports disk which allows you to get playing straight away.
- Gameplay -
The Wii as expected is not a console designed to impress with its graphics like the PS3 and Xbox 360. This aside the games you play on the Wii do not need to be as the cartoon fun feel definitely makes up for it.
The reason why the Nintendo Wii is so great is the fact that literally anyone can get the hang of using the Wii remotes. Take my mum for example who had great fun, considering the fact that she had tried to play games on my PS2 in the past and failed miserably.
The Wii as we discovered is also great for when you have friends and other relatives around. After a few drinks the tennis game on Wii Sports is great fun and has had us all laughing several times!
The Wii is designed for entertainment all around. Simply connect to your Wifi network and download free games and even catch up on TV using BBC iPlayer!
- Issues -
1) As with most consoles nowadays the games for the Wii seem to be extremely expensive. Having said this though they do seem to be slightly cheaper in comparison with some of the other consoles.
2) The Wii remotes do seem to go through batteries quite quickly. To solve this my dad purchased some charging stations, however we did not realise that you have to remove the motion sensors in order to use the charging stations. I really do think that Nintendo could have included a charging station.
- Conclusion -
If you want to bring your family together and have a laugh this is a great choice of console. The console is also great for solo play as online play on many games is also an option. I really do think that the Wii is a product that everyone can enjoy - Hence why they are used as a means of exercise in old people's homes!
Summary: Great fun at a lower cost than other consoles on the market!
More reviews in the field of Games Console
- Sony Playstation 3 Console (80gb)
- Innovative and way ahead of it's rivals.
- The Perfect Console
- Who said retro wasn't fun?
- PSP comes with life span
- What Should You Get- The PS3 or The PS3 Slim
- Microsoft Xbox 360 slim 250gb with kinect
- Will U get a Wii U from Santa?
- nintendo wii
- Can you ever REALLY go back?