Newest Review: ... you are an avid gamer then the Wii probably isn't for you as it doesn't come with the greatest set of titles and doesn't compare in many w... more
Member Name: kcsevenoaks
Advantages: Multiplayer motion gameplay
I've had my Nintendo Wii for a couple of years now, and whilst this may not the most up to date console technically, it delivers involving game play and control and was the first console to do this with any real success.
Whilst the Xbox 360 and the PS3 have both now got motion based control systems, the Wii was the first of the big three main current consoles to truly involve the participants in their game play.
Bundled with the current basic pack is one Wiimote controller and one nunchuck, as well as the fun Wii Sports and its sequel Wii Sports Resort. Both of this are fun little games for the single player but truly come into the own when playing against friends or relatives in games such as tennis, bowling and many more. This is one of the huge plusses of the Wii, it's such a social activity for all the family from the very young to the very old. Obviously you will need more controllers for true multiplayer action, but there are some games which come with an extra controller as part of the pack such as Wii Play and Wii Party, both of which are filled with more multiplayer mayhem mini games.
Though the Wii doesn't have the HD graphics of other current consoles, and mostly relies on cartoon style graphics, it does have many of the games of other consoles such as the FIFA series and Harry Potter and handles these games just fine.
The Wii has so many uses, add a Wii balance board and there are a wealth of keep fit style games to play, you can go online and buy online content for your Wii and much much more.
Overall the Wii is a versatile console which brings people together but also offers much for the solo player too.
Summary: Fun Multiplayer console
More reviews in the field of Games Console
- Let's hope the next console won't have the same issues
- Family Fun Console
- Best console EVER
- This one is still not ready to be stored in the closet
- Nice console, shame about the games
- Definitely its worth a buy with kinect...
- Very fun handheld.
- The Nintendo Wii
- Great Console - Well worth buying or upgrading to!
- A great game system for gamers young or old, the X box 360
- Xbox 360 MW3 Special Edition Slim
- Microsoft Xbox 360 250 GB Console with Kinect
- Namco 5 in 1 Plug n Play Game
- Nintendo Wii U Premium Pack 32GB
- Nintendo Wii U Basic Pack 8GB
- Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller
- Nintendo Wii U Nunchuk
- Nintendo Wii U Remote Plus
- Sony PlayStation Vita
- Microsoft Xbox 360 320GB Star Wars Kinect Console - Limited Edition