Newest Review: ... carrots, you may ask? Well, carrots are a source of VitA. And it doesn't just stop there.. As I'm about to show you: Vitamin A sources: *f... more
Speed up that tan!
Member Name: Sue Ellen
Date: 27/06/00, updated on 20/07/00 (80 review reads)
Advantages: Tan quicker
Disadvantages: Can be toxic but only if taken in enormous doses
I should start off by saying that it is better to take the vegetable version of vitamin A, which is called betacarotene, as vitamin A is stored by the body and can be toxic if taken in too great a quantity. Betacarotene is converted into vitamin A as and when needed, any surplus is expelled by the body. Don't panic about vitamin A overdosing, though, you have to take A LOT for it to affect you in any way!
Anyway, if you are planning going on holiday any time soon, start taking your vitamin A supplements now! I never believed that it could make much of a difference, and I was taking the supplements just because I was having a vitamin phase. After 4 days in the sun, I could say I was tanned! (Now for some of you that might not be much, but 1. I don't tan easily as a rule, and 2. I was only out there for a few hours, not all day long, so ...)
I believe it really does make a difference to how fast you tan.
They say it also can help vision, especially night vision, and helps slow down the ageing process - not sure about that last one, but isn't it worth a try?
I'd better just add that pregnant women are not advised to take any vitamin A supplements, and in fact any vitamin supplements should be approved by your GP first.
More reviews in the field of Vitamins & Minerals
- Folic acid at conception
- Never too late to take Folic Acid
- Boots classic Multi vitamin tablet!
- Give yourself a boost
- Specifically designed for use in pregnancy
- Good Budget multi vitamin to get my body back on track
- Cheap but not the best in the childrens vitamin market
- Give Me A Boost
- These vitamins are like Healthy sweets!
- Great for peace of mind for picky eaters!
- Earthlab Cosmetics Vegan Mineral
- Garden of Life Vitamin Code 50 & Wiser
- Garden of Life Vitamin Code Kids
- Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Calcium
- pHion Balance Alkalising Mineral Complex Powder & Green Superfood Powder
- Viridian Vitamin D2
- Viridian Vitamin B5 Pantothenic Acid
- Viridian Virikid Multivitamin & Mineral Mini Veg Caps
- Viridian Trace Mineral Complex
- Viridian Selenium