Newest Review: ... been, most medications and suppliments could cause side effects. If you plan to take it or give it to someone else I would recommend th... more
How To Get A Good Nights Sleep
Member Name: wigglylittleworm
Advantages: Natural feeling sleep
Disadvantages: Loses effectiveness over time
I received melatonin on prescription because I have trouble regulating my sleep cycle. I frequently have trouble getting and staying asleep, and would happily sleep all day. I have also seen it being prescribed on the childrens ward, the only sleeping drug they gave to children there.
The dosage I was prescribed was 5mg, slightly more than the dosage in the advertised product which is only 4mg. I was advised to take it an hour or too before I wanted to go to sleep. It was explained to me that most of us have a peak in our natural melatonin levels around 9pm, but modern lifestyle disrupts that for most of us.
It worked really well in the short term. It induces a natural feeling of tiredness, not a drugged feeling and I found it easy to fall and stay asleep. I found it a much nicer experience than more conventional sleeping tablets as you wake up feeling refreshed with no drug hangover.
I took it for a couple of months before it started to lose effect. I would therefore recommend it for shorter term use such as jetlag rather than a longer term solution.
Getting out into naturasl light for some time every day is known to boost melatonin levels and can also help sleep.
Summary: Good for short term use
More reviews in the field of Vitamin / Supplement
- Newton-Everett Biotech Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg
- Newton-Everett Biotech Aminoforce
- Newton-Everett Biotech Arthrolactin
- Newton-Everett Biotech Astaxanthin 4mg
- Newton-Everett Biotech Astragalus 1000mg
- Dynamic Health Maqui Juice Blend
- Dynamic Health Goji Gold Juice 100% Pure Organic Certified
- Dynamic Health Chlorophyll With Aloe Vera Juice
- Dynamic Health Beetroot Juice
- Dynamic Health African Bush Mango Juice Blend