Product Type: Bosch washing machines
Newest Review: ... taking out clothes after a handwash cycle generally meant they were sopping wet, not so the case with this Bosch - they are damper than the... more
Keeping my pants clean
Bosch WFK 2801
Member Name: mwah_xx
Bosch WFK 2801
Advantages: Clean clothes, timer, different variation cycles and temps
Disadvantages: Mould/mildew build up
Having recently moved into a new flat, we have gained the washing machine installed by our helpful landlord, this is the Bosch WFK2801.
Having scouted round on the internet it doesn't appear to be available to buy anymore!! So I don't know how much this would cost to purchase, rather worryingly when you type in Bosch WFK2801 into Google then a LOT of spares sites come up. Clicking on these spares range from £10 to £60, which don't appear to me to be too bad, however with the DIY gene lacking in our house I would get a man in to fix it for me (or get onto the landlord to do it!)
This machine has 4 main cycle selections and 7 "special programs"
This is generally my main everyday use cycle, it can be used at 30, 40, 60 and 90 degrees, the main variant in the different temperatures (other than the temperature!) is the length of the cycle, with the hotter temperatures taking longer. I have found tnhat this washes my clothes well and effectively at 40 degrees provided that they aren't too heavily soiled or stained. At this point they tend to need a couple of washes (with vanish) to remove the stains
For washing cotton, linen, polyester, nylon or other synthetic fabrics. Again a variation of temperatures, 15, 30, 40, 50 and 60. I don't very often use this cycle as I prefer to use the cottons/coloured as I find it produces a better quality wash.
For washing curtains and silks (according to my instructions!) available in 15, 30 and 40 - though I cannot comment on what the wash cycle is like as I've not actually got any delicates to wash!
For washing woollen and handwash only items. I love this feature as it saves me having to do the handwashing over the bath! Available at 15, 30 and 40. This gets your handwash clothes much cleaner than I could by hand, yet is gentle, I have not been left crying over pieces of material in the machine! On my old machine taking out clothes after a handwash cycle generally meant they were sopping wet, not so the case with this Bosch - they are damper than they would be on a normal cycle but you wouldn't leave drip marks all over your floor!
Out of the special programs, 4 of them are the spin cycle for each of the categories mentioned above! Others include, starching, soaking and pumping. I can honestly say I have never used these options and to be honest wouldn't have a clue where to start. To me the function of the washing machine is stick your clothes in, put it on, take them out, dry them and wear them!!
**Buttons on the machine**
So actually using the machine and the buttons - what do they do?! Firstly the buttons are easy to push, you don't actually "push" them in, you simply press the bottom and hear a click.
1. On/Off - fairly obvious, this switches the machine on and off!
2. Start - again, obvious, this will start the cycle you choose
3. Pre-wash - to be selected if you want to include a pre-wash on your cycle
4. Short Wash - this is always selected as standard, for the quickest wash on the cycle chosen (better for your bills!!)
5. Higher Water Level - allows for an extra rinse cycle
5. Intensive Stains - for those heavily soiled clothes
6. Start in h - a timer on a washing machine!! Good if you want to set this to be on whilst you are out to be just finished when you get in, no noisy washing machine whilst you are in and no clothes sat around all day!
The other features on the front of this machine is a timer to how long you cycle will take and how long it has left - I love this feature! It means I can plan my day and know when my washing will be done, something I only ever guesstimated before!
I personally do not put washing powder into the drawer tray as I find it sticks in there and you end up with mould, I use the washing gels thats go in the actually drum. Quickly opening the drawer on my machine I have just been assualted with a mouldy damp smell, so now, thanks to this review, one of my jobs today is to clean the washing machine drawer!
I find that my clothes come out clean and smelling fresh, even though the machine is obviously quite old, there are portions where you can see that mould would form (if you weren't keeping on top of cleaning) and this is generally round the seal of the drum, a quick wipe and this quickly goes and I am not finding that it impedes the performance of the machine.
The machine isn't very noisy until it hits the spin cycle, and even then it doesn't drown out everything in the room and sound as though its trying to make a break for it across the kitchen, we quite happily put this on whilst we are watching television next door.
At the end of the cycle the machine also, very helpful beeps (and beeps and beeps!) to announce that it is done!
All in all, it does the job, it may be getting on a bit in years but my clothes are still smelling fresh! Top performance!
Summary: I won't be running out of clean knickers whilst this is going
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Washing Machine
- Well priced and powerful washing machine!
- You get what you pay for
- Fastest washing machine I've ever owned!
- How to buy a washing machine, a few tips of mine
- My Washing Machine
- A very versatile, not bad looking machine that really works well in a family hom ...
- really good washing machine
- Family friendly washing machine
- It's washing day again........
- The best cheaper washing machine we found!
- Hotpoint WMUD942B Ultima 9kg 1400rpm Freestanding Washing Machine
- Hoover HOC709X 8 Function Electric Built-in Single Oven
- Hotpoint WMEF702P Free Standing Washing Machine in White
- Hotpoint WMEF943P 1400rpm Experience Washing Machine 9kg Load Polar White
- Indesit IWC6165S Free Standing Washing Machine in Silver
- Hoover VHD8162
- Indesit WIXL163
- Zanussi ZWF16281
- John Lewis JLWM1203
- John Lewis JLWM1604