Product Type: Hotpoint washing machines
Newest Review: ... of minutes, and often ended up overdoing clothes, I wanted a sensor dryer. Hotpoint's Ultima Sensor is that, but with the not alw... more
The Ultima Dryer
Member Name: lily7star
Date: 06/07/00, updated on 17/11/00 (168 review reads)
Advantages: sensor dryer, timer feature, slightly larger than average capacity.
Disadvantages: beeper can be sooo annoying!
This is Hotpoint's top of the range dryer. I had not had a Hotpoint machine before , but chose this one on features and price together.
I've had it for over a year and have had one problem with it in that time,when the heating element stopped working, but it was quickly and easily fixed under guarantee and has been working perfectly ever since.
The feature I particularly wanted can also be the most irritating feature, but is worth the irritation. Having had a dryer which could only be set for a set number of minutes, and often ended up overdoing clothes, I wanted a sensor dryer. Hotpoint's Ultima Sensor is that, but with the not always welcome addition of a beeper which can be heard pretty much throughout the house. The clothes are put in the machine, it's turned on and when it finishes it beeps loudly about once a minute or so and continues tumbling *and* beeping until you turn it off.You *can* disable the beeper, but the machine will carry on tumbling. Not a good idea to leave it on while you go out!
A nice feature of this machine is a timer so if you have economy 7 or if you want to set the dryer so that the clothes are ready in the morning you can set it for up to 10 hours in advance.
There is also a feature giving you control over levels of dryness, but in practice I don't use that much - mainly because I don't iron much! However if, unlike me, you *do* iron things, it's useful to be able to leave clothes slightly damp.
Having this machine has done away with overdry, horribly creased clothes, but it can be annoying not to be able to leave it on and know it will turn itself off....in fact it probably *does* do that if you use the timed drying option, but as I'm so used to non-creased clothes (relatively speaking now, I prefer to suffer the beeper and remember to turn the thing off altogether before I go out!
All in all a good machine and with a beter than average capacity drum...jus
t invest in a good pair of earplugs!
More reviews in the field of Washing Machine
- Great build quality, but slow spin speed
- Very reliable, easy to use and huge capacity.
- An excellent, efficient machine and eco friendly. Top marks!
- Hotpoint washing machine
- Candy GODF800 - Rubbish. Keeps breaking
- Does Everything I Need It To
- Good Machine, great options, good results on quick wash
- Great washer
- A wonderful buy for families!
- Brilliant Beko.
- Candy GC41461D1/1
- Beko WMB61631W
- Hoover VTS614D21
- Bosch WAE24369GB Free-Standing Washing Machine in White
- Bosch Ltd WAQ2436SGB 1200rpm Washing Machine 8kg Load LED Class A+++ Silver
- Experience 9kg 1200 Spin Washing Machine White
- Panasonic NA-140VG4 10Kg 1400s Washing Machine
- Beko WMB71642S Washing Machine Free Standing Silver
- Daewoo DWDM1231 6kg 1200spin Washing Machine, White
- White Knight WM105MA 1000 Spin Washing Machine