Product Type: Breo Sport Chronograph
Newest Review: ... version is only 18cm long which doesn't seem a lot and although there is a bit of 'give' in the rubber, I do think there may be a few men t... more
Simple gimmicky watch
Breo Sport Roam
Member Name: chrisheels
Breo Sport Roam
Disadvantages: more expensive than competitors
The Breo sport watch is ideal for sports use for example if you are out surfing and want a vauge idea of how long you have been in the sea, but don't want to wear an expensive watch in case it falls off never to be seen again drifting around the bottom of the ocean.
The functions of the watch are pretty limited. It tells the time as a good watch should. Other than that it can be swapped between 24h format and 12h format and thats it.
The watch is waterproof to 5 Atmospheres (which I think is equivalent to 40m). So it's ideal for surfing, swimming and other watersports. It is very lightweight at 12g, so hardly noticeable on your wrist.
For such a simple watch i find it quite stylish. I like the smooth look and the rubber feels comfortable around the wrist. It is a single size which is actually a little small for me and a bit too large on my girlfriends daughters wrist, so worth a quick try before you buy.
The watch is available in a range of colours including the black one that I own, pink, light and dark blue, white and lime green.
Setting the time and date is a bit tricky. There are a couple of buttons on the back, but you really need to read the instructions to work it out and it takes a bit of 'jabbing' with a screwdriver to press through the plastic and hit the buttons properly.
The quality is fairly good. The rubber is well formed and the joints seem strong. I have found that after a bit of exposure to water and heat and the general environment, the rubber does warp a bit exposing part of the watch unit that is inseted into the plastic strap.
The watch sells for about £12. Whilst I thought this was very reasonable I have since seen other brands selling for about £5 which are almost identical. In my view it is overpriced compared to the competitors asn doesn't offer anything extra.
I do think that £5 is more appropriate as you could buy a dirt cheap casio for £12 which has more functions, just doesn't have the gimmick.
Note that I have just spotted these for £3 on ebay...if these are original then definitley worth it.
3 stars because it is an ideal product but overpriced.
Summary: Simple gimmicky watch
More reviews in the field of Watch
- Swatch Watches
- Surf Style Watch
- Miss Sixty Gemma Bracelet Watch
- Makes a nice change from a silver one
- Swatch is coooool!
- DKNY Ladies White Leather Strap Watch With White Dial: NY3955
- A funky sili watch!
- For the couture princess...
- Stylish but cheap wristwatch
- Buy British with this watch for a woofly treat and a grrreat little accessory.
- Michael Kors Ladies' Watch Felicity MK3227
- Marc by Marc Jacobs MBM3207 Henry Skeleton Ladies Watch Rose Gold
- Marc by Marc Jacobs MBM3177 BLADE gold/silver ladies watch Gold
- Marc by Marc Jacobs MBM3127 Blade Rose Gold
- Michael Kors Ladies' Watch Lexington MK3230
- Rotary Mens Day/Date Display Watch GB02227/05
- Rotary Mens Day/Date Display Watch GB02226/10
- Rotary Mens Date Display Watch GS02724/18
- Rotary Mens Date Display Watch GS02724/01
- Rotary Mens Date Display Watch GS02650/01