Product Type: Diesel Chronograph
Newest Review: ... Another section comes into use when you are scrolling through the modes. There is a Diesel logo on the lower portion of the metallic surrou... more
Member Name: ajbluestar
Disadvantages: difficult to set time intially, could improve functionality in general
I am not really a huge fan of watches and don't really use them too much. I did finally though opt to get a new watch as I hadn't got a proper one for about 8 years .I wanted to go for something quite stylish as well as something that could obviously tell the time.
I came across this chronograph watch from Diesel which had a black leather strap as well as a funky digital display. The watch is described as featuring a retro-style LCD display, with date, month and also other features. I did shop around to look at differences in prices and finally bought of the Shade Station website. The price at the time was just over the £70 mark with delivery charges. Prices do vary slightly at different places with the rrp being £99 I believe.
The watch is fastened with a strap buckle and it is also meant to be water resistant to 50 metres. There is also a countdown timer, stopwatch, alarm and light.
Diesel is more known as a fashion and clothes brand especially for their jeans. They are not one of the most common or well known names when it comes to watches but they do seem to have a wide range now on offer. This watch in particular stood out for me due to its design and attractiveness in general. The watch came in a nice presentation box and also came with a big fat instruction manual.
Now the watch did look quite good but one of the problems I had initially was setting the time on it. I guess that is quite important in a watch but the instruction manual that came with the watch wasn't that useful in this aspect as it had instructions for a range of diesel watches and it was quite difficult to find the watch I had bought and how to set the time on it. I did though eventually manage to do this but it is something that Diesel could probably make easier to do for someone buying a watch.
Also seeing the display and the time in certain types of light can be difficult making it difficult to read if you look at it at from the wrong angle. In darker conditions with less light, it can also be hard to read but that is why there is a backlight which you can use in these situations.
Overall I would say this is a stylish watch and is definitely good to look at. In terms of functionality it can be improved. If you are more after style over substance then this watch is probably recommended. 4/5 stars
Summary: pretty decent watch
More reviews in the field of Watch
- Perfect for a little ballerina
- Thomas and his Friends!
- Nice idea but not lasting
- A pleasure to be asked the time!
- Fossil ladies square bracelet watch: individual and a little bit different...
- G - What a cute little Gucci watch
- What's the time, mr owl?
- Cute and cheap
- Time For a First Watch?
- A Simple Timepiece
- Bulova Precisionist Fairlawn Ladies Diamond Set Watch 96R167
- Bulova Precisionist Round Mens Date Display Watch 96B159
- Kahuna Ladies Leather Cuff Watch KLS-0247L
- Kahuna Ladies Leather Cuff Watch KLS-0245L
- Kahuna Ladies Leather Cuff Watch KLS-0243L
- Kahuna Ladies Leather Cuff Watch KLS-0242L
- Kahuna Ladies Leather Cuff Watch KLS-0241L
- Bulova Precisionist Langford Mens Date Display Watch 96B158
- Bulova Precisionist Longwood Mens Date Display Watch 96B130
- Bulova Precisionist Longwood Mens Date Display Watch 98B141