Product Type: DKNY Chronograph
Newest Review: ... watch, measuring only 18mm at it's widest point (the face) and fastens with a simple clip on the strap. The strap also has an additional ... more
A lovely watch, but I wouldn't get another one!
Member Name: pennies
Advantages: A Beautiful Looking Watch
Disadvantages: Stones are not secure and fall out quite easily
I was lucky enough to receive this beautiful diamond encrusted DKNY watch from my boyfriend for my 21st birthday (nearly 3 years ago now!) and although it is a lovely watch and fits quite well I can't honestly say that it has been perfect. This watch cost £115 and so far hasn't been worth it!
The watch is silver with a total of 174 diamonds placed around the face of the watch and across the bridge on both sides of the strap. It is quite a delicate watch, measuring only 18mm at it's widest point (the face) and fastens with a simple clip on the strap. The strap also has an additional piece of strap that clips in to place to make it longer if required.
In the (nearly) 3 years that I have had the watch I have had no problems with the battery, in fact I'm still using the same battery that it came with!
Like previously mentioned though I do need to highlight a couple of flaws with this watch. As I have quite narrow wrists I wear the watch on it's smallest strap setting (without the additional strap parts connected) but even so I still find that the watch has a tendency to swivel round on my wrist leaving the face on the inside of my wrist and the strap on the outside. Maybe it's time to get a couple of the links in the strap removed by a jeweller?!
Another flaw, quite common in most watches so in no way specific to this watch, is that the strap scratches quite easily with the every day use of being rested against surfaces like when I'm sitting at my work desk.
The final, biggest (in my opinion), flaw though is the stones. They are not held securely and quite often appear loose with a danger of falling out. My watch has actually been back to the jewellers 3 times already since I received it with missing stones and just this week in fact another stone has fallen out so we are due our 4th trip back to get it fixed - good job my boyfriend took out the 3 year warranty!
All in all a beautiful watch but please be careful with it, it is delicate and with insecure stones there is a big possibility you will be returning to the jewellers!
Summary: A lovely watch, but I wouldn't get another one!
More reviews in the field of Watch
- A stylish watch
- Quality & Stylish Seiko Chronograph Watch
- Quality and Longlasting
- A Statement piece from Seiko!
- You can keep track of time if you're not too busy staring at the watch face...
- The Watch for Girls that's Perfectly Pink!
- Breoooo - The brand born in 2010
- Great Value, Fab Look
- Casio- the most retro item you could own!
- Sekonda 4545 - a beautiful bracelet watch that looks feminine and classy!
- Timex Intelligent Quartz Mens Chronograph Watch T2N500
- Timex Expedition Trail Mate Mens Accelerometer Watch T49845
- Timex Expedition Mens Date Display Watch T49946
- Timex Expedition Mens Date Display Watch T49945
- Timex Expedition Mens Date Display Watch T49944
- Juicy Couture 1900843 Ladies Watch
- Juicy Couture 1900844 Ladies Watch
- Juicy Couture 1900878 Ladies Watch
- Juicy Couture 1900879 Ladies Watch
- Juicy Couture 1900900 Ladies Watch