Product Type: Dolce & Gabbana Chronograph
Newest Review: ... it can be picked up cheaper online. Packaging and the Look As a mentioned before I was looking for a glitzy watch and this does the tr... more
D&G Gloria- Black and Chrome.
Dolce & Gabbana DW0001
Member Name: graceyyxx
Dolce & Gabbana DW0001
Advantages: Keeps time well, looks good.
Disadvantages: Expensive, strap has worn but it's had a lot of use.
Price and Availability
A couple of years ago I decided to treat myself to a nice watch which looking back now was a bit indulgent but at the time I didn't have any other financial responsibilities and everybody needs a treat now and again. I decided upon a D&G watch as a lot of the range at the time was very glitzy and exactly what I wanted. I picked out the D&G Gloria which came in a few different colours but I chose it in black with some chrome touches. Now when I bought the watch from Goldsmiths it cost me about £150 and I also bought 3 years insurance on top of this, however now it can be picked up cheaper online.
Packaging and the Look
As a mentioned before I was looking for a glitzy watch and this does the trick without being too over the top. First of all the watch comes in a black, strong card box with the D&G logo embossed in silver on all four sides. Inside the box is a little black leather bag with a chrome D&G badge, and inside here is the watch. There's also a certificate of authenticity inside the box along with a little user manual.
The watch itself is set on a chrome background but the actual face of the watch is black with 60 diamantes around the face. Inside the face there are twelve slightly larger diamantes which depict the hours on the clock, the D&G logo is also show in diamantes in the centre of the face along with chrome hands of the clock. The watch also has a black leather strap and the chrome hints really contrast with the dark black and it looks lovely.
From the start I absolutely loved this watch. As I put it on the strap is plenty big enough and I don't have the smallest wrists and although the face is quite large the watch doesn't feel heavy on my wrist. As there are twelve diamantes on the face it's very easy to tell the time accurately and I've found the watch keeps time well. I did have a problem as one of the diamantes fell off from round the outside however I sent this off on the insurance and it was replaced with no problem. The strap of the watch has worn well although as I wear the watch a lot after two years it isn't quite what it used to be although I'll probably send this off to be replaced as well.
I really do love this watch, it looks good which to me is the most important thing but it's also lasted well too. I haven't had to change the battery after two years but maybe now some things like the strap is looking a little worse for wear. I do wear this watch a lot but for a £150 watch maybe it should have lasted a bit better but then maybe I should of opted for a silver strap.
Summary: 4/5 a lovely looking watch that keeps time well but it's a little on the expensive side.
More reviews in the field of Watch
- Me To You Tatty Teddy Pink Watch
- Kahuna watches, built to last, apart from the battery stopping...
- Moshi Monsters Time!
- This Watch Has Weathered the Storm!
- Tatty Teddy tells me the time.
- A Stylish Everyday Watch
- Splash of colour!
- Don't buy a plastic watch! You get what you pay for!
- Buy British with this watch for a woofly treat and a grrreat little accessory.
- PUMA Active Unisex Chronograph Watch PU911042002
- PUMA Active Unisex Chronograph Watch PU911042001
- PUMA Active Unisex Chronograph Watch PU910991004
- PUMA Active Unisex Chronograph Watch PU910991003
- PUMA Active Unisex Chronograph Watch PU910981003
- Marea Mens Analogue/Digital Chronograph Watch 35214-1
- Marea Mens Analogue/Digital Chronograph Watch 35206-6
- Marea Mens Analogue/Digital Chronograph Watch 35206-1
- Marea Mens Analogue/Digital Chronograph Watch 35205-4
- Marea Mens Analogue/Digital Chronograph Watch 35205-3