Product Type: Kahuna Chronograph
Newest Review: ... £29.99 is a very good price for such a sturdy watch, one of the reasons I like Kahuna watches is that they are idiot proof - by which I ... more
Surf Style Watch
Member Name: flodombey
Advantages: Funky, great colours, robust, waterproof and great value
Disadvantages: Not very girly (if that is your thing!)
I have owned a couple of Kahuna watches over the years as I really like the style of them which is quite funky and 'surf/skate' looking, with interesting colours, a velcro strap and chunky face. This is my most recent one and I have owned it for about five years, I bought it from Argos (who always tend to stock the latest ranges) and it cost me £29.99 - I notice that you can pick these watches up on Amazon these days for more competitive prices than this and it is worth shopping around.
Personally I actually think £29.99 is a very good price for such a sturdy watch, one of the reasons I like Kahuna watches is that they are idiot proof - by which I mean a klutz like me who drops them and frequently bangs them on things can rest easy that it can withstand less than delicate treatment. This one is lilac and grey with a silver dial around the outside of the face, there is a date window within the face and three hands - minutes, hours and seconds.
You can manually change the time with the pull out button on the side of the face (although I always find this quite fiddly myself) and you have to wind it forward to ensure the calendar remains accurate as it is a rotating 31 days so when a month has less than that you will need to amend it, this is not an issue for me though. I have never had any timekeeping issues with this watch except when it stopped dead when the battery died, aside from that it keeps very accurate time.
This watch claims to be water resistant up to a depth of 100m (or should that be 'down to a depth'?) but I have never tested this, personally I would never wear a watch whilst swimming anyway so it matters not to me.
The velcro straps are very sturdy and despite pretty much daily wear over the years mine are still going strong. I have had to have the battery changed once but that is all - I had to take it to a watch specialist on the high street as it has such tiny screws to get the back off.
All round this is a great watch and I like the fact that it is not too girly whilst still being clearly feminine - this style suits me down to the ground and no doubt when this watch finally gives up the ghost I will replace like for like with another Kahuna watch!
Summary: A brilliant watch - surf and skate style and klutz proof too!
More reviews in the field of Watch
- Adding a sprinkle of pixie dust to any outfit
- A stylish watch
- Quality & Stylish Seiko Chronograph Watch
- Quality and Longlasting
- A Statement piece from Seiko!
- Swatch Watches
- Oasis Bangle Watch
- A super lightweight watch - ideal for the gym or when on holiday
- A stylish and quirky watch
- Winged Swatch Watch
- DKNY NY8824 Essentials stainless steel ladies watch Neutral
- DKNY NY8820 Essentials stainless steel ladies watch Neutral
- Michael Kors MK5838 SPORT gold stainless steel ladies watch Gold
- Michael Kors Ladies' Chronograph MK5835
- Michael Kors Ladies' Chronograph Everest MK5829
- Rotary Aquaspeed ALB90033/C/07 Ladies Watch
- Rotary Aquaspeed AGS00069/W/04 Mens Watch
- Rotary Aquaspeed AGS00068/W/04 Mens Watch
- Rotary Aquaspeed AGS00066/C/04 Mens Watch
- Rotary Aquaspeed AGS00055/W/02 Mens Watch