Product Type: Lorus Chronograph
Newest Review: ... niggles I would say for what is a bargain price for a quality make such as Lorus. Simple, stylish watch that works every time whethe... more
Lorus Lumibrite Dial Military Style
Member Name: JJJJ
Lorus Lumibrite Dial Military Style
Date: 17/07/10, updated on 18/07/10 (506 review reads)
Advantages: Reliable, Nice and Simple Dial
Disadvantages: None really
I often find that the simplest of watch designs look the best - and this is arguably the case with the 'Lorus Gents Lumibrite Dial Military Style Watch' - yes, it has a longwinded title, but the watch itself is very simple.
Price, Availability & Features
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Costing £27.89 from amazon.co.uk, the Lorus is water resistant to 100 metres, meaning it's safe to wear whilst swimming or in the bath (or whilst swimming in the bath...!). In terms of its appearance, the watch has a large white face featuring black numbers and markers - this makes it especially good for those with limited eyesight, and is much easier to read than the watches which utilize a black face with white numbers. Darkness isn't a problem for the watch, as it has a Lumibrite face, which illuminates with a bright green glow (no batteries required) in dim conditions.
The Lorus has a very limited set of features - there's a small section which displays the day and the current date, but that's it - nothing else of note. The second hand moves around with a nice action, and setting the time is easily done via a pull out 'winder' on the watch's right hand side.
Build-Quality, Strap, and Battery
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The face of the watch is made from glass, and as a result is pretty scratch resistant. The surround is metal, and overall, the watch feels really well made and sturdy. That said, it's quite light-weight, and certainly won't make your wrist hurt after a day of wearing it. The strap is made from a dark grey fabric and is very hardwearing - it's comfortable to wear, which is always a bonus. In terms of the battery, it takes a small and flat watch button-cell which lasts a decent amount of time (a couple of years). When the battery does finally give up the ghost, it is pretty cheap to replace - jewellers will do it for a few quid.
- - - - - - - - -
If it's a basic, reliable, and nice looking watch that you're after, then you won't go to far wrong with the Lorus Military Style Watch - it's sturdy, comes with a two year warranty, and most importantly it keeps good time - highly recommended.
Summary: Reasonably priced well made watch
More reviews in the field of Watch
- Quirky style
- Colour, comfort and quality...for only £15!
- Time on your hands? Watch out for this
- Think PInk
- Simple design makes for tricky timekeeping
- Sekonda Watches
- Stylish but cheap wristwatch
- They call it atomic. I call it a good watch.
- One to Watch out for!
- Glitzy and glamorous watch at a bargain price!
- Armani Exchange AX5209 Smart Stainless Steel Ladies Watch Silver
- Armani Exchange AX5208 SMART silver stainless steel ladies watch Silver
- Armani Exchange AX5200 Smart silver stainless steel ladies watch Silver
- Skagen SKW2009 Classic stainless steel ladies watch Gold
- Skagen Ladies' Watch SKW2045
- Accurist Fashion Ladies Swarovski Crystals Watch LB1338B
- Accurist Fashion Ladies Swarovski Crystals Watch LB1337S
- Accurist Fashion Ladies Swarovski Crystals Watch LB1336G
- Accurist Fashion Ladies Swarovski Crystals Watch LB1338W
- Accurist Fashion Ladies Swarovski Crystals Watch LB1336B