Product Type: Pulsar Chronograph
Newest Review: ... I wanted one. The problem; I can't even begin to afford a Seiko. Solution: Pulsar; these use the same movements as Seiko and are built... more
Pulsar Kinetic with Seiko YT57 movement
Pulsar Kinetic PAR105X1
Member Name: thereviewman
Pulsar Kinetic PAR105X1
Advantages: Very high quality and accuracy
Disadvantages: Expensive for a reletively unknown brand
I bought this watch after seeing a program about how the Seiko kinetic movement is manufactured, which I thought was extremely impressive, combining the precision engineering and self winding capacity with the accuracy and long run time of battery operated quartz watches. I have a love for clockwork but I find 36 hour springs frustrating so naturally I decided I wanted one.
The problem; I can't even begin to afford a Seiko.
Solution: Pulsar; these use the same movements as Seiko and are built to the same quality but at a fraction of the cost.
I purchased my watch online, which is a big gamble on a watch, but I was very impressed by it. It has a very good feel of quality and has a nice weight to it. The face is easy to read and the catch is very good, although initially it was overly stiff.
As of yet I have not left the watch unworn for more than a day so I cannot comment on the claimed 6 month charge stored in the capacitor but I have no reason to doubt this.
Overall I am very pleased with the watch, it is certainly a vast improvement anything I have owned before and it feels like it is going to last. At £125 this is not cheap for a watch, but when compared to Seiko watches with the same YT57 movement it starts to make sense. It makes even more sense if, like me, you can get a brand new one complete with warrantee but with a small scratch on the face for £37 that can be repaired for £5 at a local jewellers!
Summary: Seiko quaility at a fraction of the cost
More reviews in the field of Watch
- A really practical timepiece
- Rainbow time
- I Love My Casio
- Is it Time you looked for a new watch? After two years I still don't need to...
- A reliable watch for the money-conscious individual
- Who knew wearing a watch could be so enjoyable?
- DKNY 4500 Watch....
- Totally rad
- An amazing and beautiful watch
- Ice, Ice Baby! worth the money!
- Oregon Scientific BAR339DP Blue Line Alarm Clock Projection
- Oregon Scientific RRM320P Alarm Clock Vision
- Seiko QHK005S Alarm Clock Lightline
- Seiko QHE089K Alarm Clock
- THE ONE Binary Ibiza Ride Reloj unisex horizontal IR702RB1
- Armani Ladies' Watch AR1678
- Armani Ladies' Watch AR1668
- Armani Ladies' Watch AR1603
- Adidas Toronto Chronograph ADH2135
- Adidas Sydney Watch ADH2727