Newest Review: ... for choice! The colors, the styles. Fantastic! Eventually I decided to get a Bubble style Storm! A modern bracelet style strapping, with li... more
Member Name: B0nfire
Date: 29/06/00, updated on 29/06/00 (387 review reads)
Advantages: Really good watches - at a decent price
These stainless steel watches have been copied many times, but you still can’t beat a Storm watch for plain good looks. There are plenty of styles to choose from, some minimalist (I wear a watch with a numberless blue mirror behind the hands) to flash (such as one I saw where a button press flicks two clock faces out of a steel cover).
I don’t know how practical some are, for example there’s one where you have to look in a flip-up mirror to read the reversed face, but they still look good. And of course you can always pick one to suit yourself, so if you don’t think you’ll be able to use one style comfortably you can always go for a different type.
The links need to be removed or added by a retailer if your wrist changes size, but the metal is surprisingly comfortable and not cold (as somebody once asked me). The prices are good for a high-quality watch (you’ll be looking at about £50-£80, so definitely within most people’s range), so you could do far worse than consider a Storm watch.
More reviews in the field of Watch
- Citizen Men's Chronograph Bullhead CA0485-52E
- TW Steel TW902 Canteen Style Cool Black Chronograph 45mm
- TW Steel TW903 Canteen Style Cool Black Chronograph 50mm
- Nixon Time Teller P A-119-200 Red Unisex Uhr
- Nixon Newton Digital A-137-917 Sky Blue Unisex Digital
- Nixon Newton Digital A-137-1060 Black Teal Unisex Digital
- Nixon Newton Digital A-137-007 Black Gray Unisex Digital
- Nixon Newton Digital A-137-000 Black Unisex Digital
- Citizen Eco Drive mens chronograph AV0030-60A
- Citizen Men's Chronograph Eco Drive CA0491-50L