Newest Review: ... water, I think this is sufficient as it lasts quite a long time, however if you use a lot of water it might be better opting for a larg... more
Excellent water filter for the price
Brita Fjord Cool
Member Name: mattevans01
Brita Fjord Cool
Advantages: Can see the effects in a cup of tea, works quickly, cartridges have reasonable lifespan
Disadvantages: A bit too tall to fit under my tap, capacity is quickly used up
I bought this filter a few months ago because I live in an area with very hard water, and was fed up having to replace kettles every couple of months.
So far, it's been excellent.
- Very straightfoward: just wash it out, submerge the filter cartridge in water, slot it in place and filter a few jugs of water - no problems at all
- Looks decent enough for a water filter!
- Just the right size for fitting into a fridge door
- It's a bit too tall to fit under my kitchen tap (but that's more because it's a very shallow basin) so I have to fill it with a jug - might be an idea to check this out before you buy (it's about 30 cm tall)
- Reasonable - 2.6 l doesn't go far when you're making a few cups of coffee, but any bigger and it'd be too big for a fridge
- Filters water pretty quickly, but unfortunately you can't get very much in the pre-filter section at the top, so you've got to fill it a couple of times to get the actual filter jug full - takes a few minutes in all
- To be honest, I've not noticed much difference in taste but the layer of scale on top of hot drinks has virtually disappeared and my kettle's in much better shape than it was
- Cartridges last a few weeks (there's an indicator showing when you need to replace them) which isn't too bad for the price, especially if you live in a hard-water area - it'll save in kettle de-scaling!
Summary: Would certainly recommend, but if this is being shared between several people try larger capacity?
|Ease of use:|