* Prices may differ from that shownMore Offers
for as little as £12 this product is great. ive used this both at work and home for a number of years and only recently updated to the latest version.
feature wise this offers everything you could need with easy setup and comprehensive help files that assist you in learning how to get the best out of this application if your not already familiar with the Dreamweaver products. personally i much prefer this over Front Page or any free alternative.
it offers all the features of a professional grade product and full support for the most comment web standards. its fast and compatible with mac.
the template features within Dreamweaver allot you to quickly and easily build a website with the greatest of easy and more importantly maintain it over time. full synchronization features allow you to keep you local files synchronized with both test servers and your live environment with just a few clicks and bandwidth utilization is optimized to save time with large full site updates. excellent product especially at the current price.
As a keen website designer, I use dreamweaver on a daily basis.
Whether you only need to create a basic single page business card style website, or a fully active shopping site, Dreamweaver really can help.
Within the software, there are 3 settings you can choose from for your website design needs:
1. Design only - What this means is, you can create and design your website using a front end application allowing you to edit the website as you would normally view it. You can frag and drop text, move images around, change font colours, all at a click of a button - To be honest, you don't even need to be a webdesigner to use this, just basic common PC knowledge will do.
2. Code only - Now, this is a little more complicated, even I don't like using this area unless it's using CSS editing - Here, all you can view is the website's code, which to the average eye looks like a new language. This is ideal when you know what you need out of the site, placing hidden tables and frames within the website, that normal text editors can't provide.
3. Design & Code - This offers BOTH of the features above, within a 50/50 break, allowing you to edit the code, and/or the design at the same time. Ideal if you want to see your 'code' changes update automatically within the design area.
Dreamweaver also has it's own FTP uploader, allowing you to create / edit your files, and upload them straight to your online FTP / server. Whereas most other text editors require a another software (e.g. Smart FTP) to update your website manually.
In order to make the most out of this software, I would recommend either attending an open course, or purchasing a Dreamweaver tutorial book. At a first glance, this software could scare anybody off.
The same as any software, it will take time to get a grip of this application, however once you've mastered it, you're laughing. There are no limits to what you can do with this piece of kit.
What it is...
Dreamweaver is a web development program. You can create websites easily through the design view or code view. Dreamweaver is a very good tool to use as it includes auto hinting, which helps you choose the correct piece of code. Dreamweaver allows a large variety of developers to code their website. So if you use HTML, CSS, ASP, PHP(the list goes on) then dreamweaver supports all of these languages. You can easily add pieces of code with the insert feature.
- Auto hinting tool
- Starts off the basic structure of HTML code
- Insert function also saves time
None that i can think of
Dreamweaver is the industry-leading web development tool, enabling users to efficiently design, develop and maintain standards-based websites and applications.
With Dreamweaver, web developers go from start to finish, creating and maintaining basic websites to advanced applications that support best practices and the latest technologies.