Product Type: Blossom Hill Wine
Newest Review: ... and atmosphere as a whole. This red wine is one of the classic wines from the Blossom Hill brand. It comes in a very dark coloured glass... more
Yum yum some lush red wine!
Blossom Hill Red Wine
Member Name: Frame
Blossom Hill Red Wine
Advantages: Lovely fruity taste
Disadvantages: Stains teeth a little
I have to caveat this review by saying that I am in no way a wine expert! But If I'm not going out at the weekends I love to relax in front of the tv with a glass of red wine - I've tried a variety of red wines and this is an old reliable which I buy again and again. The wine tastes fruity and mellow; consistency wise it is quite light and smooth and easily drank! But be warned, whilst the wine tastes light it is 12% alcohol and after a long days work one large glass is enough to make me feel a little lightheaded! Saying that I would usually have a few glasses without waking up with even so much as a hint of hangover (apparently good quality wine is less likely to give you a hangover, although maybe I just don't drink enough!)
In regards to nibbles I think this wine goes really well with meat and cheese. As with all reds unfortunately this does stain teeth and lips al little
A bottle is very affordable (usually £5-7 depending on the off license) and I personally prefer it to a lot of more expensive bottles. However if you are looking for a very strong flavoured wine this isn't for you.
Summary: A very nice mellow red wine
More reviews in the field of Wine
- Not too bad and it's low in calories - a bonus!
- Pinor grigio.....or whatever?
- Peppery ginger
- Help me break the newer type tap sealLovely
- For new wine drinkers a good sauvignon can be a eye opening experience
- Better than you Might Think
- Dark with depth and flavour
- Gallo White Grenache
- Dangerous Cherry and Blackberry combo
- Chilean Wine for Chilly Days and Nights
- Poggio Al Tesoro - Sondraia
- Poggio San Polo - Rosso di Montalcino
- Poggio San Polo - Brunello di Montalcino Riserva
- Poggio San Polo - Brunello di Montalcino
- Poggio Al Tesoro - Mediterra
- Jurtschitsch Magnum Grüve
- Klosterneuburg Chardonnay Stiftswein
- Klosterneuburg Escorial
- Klosterneuburg Riesling Stiftswein
- Klosterneuburg St. Laurent Ausstich