Newest Review: ... on the kitchen. Not one to waste such things, I decided to finish it off and was pleasantly surprised with the wine which was incredibly... more
Black cat is neutral!
Gato Negro Wine
Member Name: dangaroo
Gato Negro Wine
On Sunday night, I came back from a weekend in the spa town of Naleczew and my friend who had been looking after our dog had left a glass or two of the Chilean wine Gato Negro in a bottle on the kitchen.
Not one to waste such things, I decided to finish it off and was pleasantly surprised with the wine which was incredibly palatable. As you may know from some of my previous wine reviews, I'm not the biggest wine drinker and don't have much of a taste for it. It's either cack or acceptable in my eyes and even cack is acceptable if there's nothing else to drink!
The bottle I was drinking was classed as a 2005 merlot and it was soft, slightly sweet and fruity with a delicate taste basically a bit like ribena with a bit (emphasis on bit) as it wasn't particularly strong. I can definitely recommend a glass or two of this, it impressed me quite a bit for it's neutrality and I think it is definitely a bottle which you can bring to dinners or parties as it seems so inoffensive!
This should cost no more than a couple of quid.
Summary: Worth buying it for sure!
More reviews in the field of Wine
- Tinpot Hut - Marlborough Pinot Gris
- Tinpot Hut - Marlborough Gruner Veltliner
- Terrazas - Reserva Chardonnay
- Stella Bella - Viognier
- Stella Bella - Suckfizzle Sauvignon Blanc Semillon
- Tement Sauvignon Blanc Gra▀nitzberg
- Tement Morillon Steinberg
- Tement Gelber Muskateller Steirische Klassik
- Stubits Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
- Stubits Cabernet Sauvignon Csaterberg