Product Type: Stones Wine
Newest Review: ... a whisky mac. I really love whisky mac,although only drink it at Christmas . Stones ginger wine contains 13.5% alcohol,so needs to be t... more
Not just for drinking
Stones - Ginger Wine
Member Name: January
Stones - Ginger Wine
Disadvantages: You might not like ginger
I love the taste of ginger not only is it good for you but it is tasty and warming too, a bottle of Stones ginger wine will cost you around £4 a bottle from tesco's which is a reasonable price to pay for a bottle of wine. I love the taste of this as it's a really good winter warmer and an alternative wine to the fruity or white wines that I usually drink.
This is my evening drink when I have the fire lit in winter and am chilling with a glass of ginger wine in front of the television.
I like to mix this with lemonade to give it a little fizz and add ice for a refreshing drink that has a tasty kick of ginger.
The bottles are 70cl and are a dark green glass which can be recycled after you have drank the wine. It has a twist off lid so you don't have to mess around trying to get a cork out of the bottle and you can put the lid back on as it's not the kind of wine you drink the whole bottle at once like other wines.
This is a great wine for christmas as it can be mixed with whiskey and ice and also can be drank with lemonade as a spritzer, you can add your wine spices for mulled wine too as it's nice warmed up with cinnamon too.
I also cook with it as it makes a great tasting chicken in ginger wine sauce, as well as adding a nice taste to the sunday roast lamb , if you pour a little over the lamb whilst it's cooking in the oven .
It can be added to champagne for that extra kick and also is very tasty with gin and lemon.
I love this wine as it's not just for drinking but for cooking with too.
A great wine tasty firey and affordable , if you like ginger then I recommend you try this one .
More reviews in the field of Wine
- I keep going back to the Black Tower
- Nice reasonable birthday wine :)
- The taste of Christmas.
- Party Perry
- Lambrini - are you a Lambrini Girl - Variety of flavours
- my favourite wine
- New Vie by Blossom Hill
- Blossom Hill White Zinfandel
- An Alsatian wine with a bouquet of spices, lychees and fruit
- Blandys - Verdelho 10 Year Old
- Henriques And Henriques - Monte Seco 3 Year Old
- Henriques And Henriques - Medium Rich 3 Year Old
- Henriques And Henriques - Medium Dry 3 Year Old
- Henriques And Henriques - Full Rich 3 Year Old
- Topf Chardonnay Ried Hasel
- Topf Grüner Veltliner Strassertal
- Topf Grüner Veltliner Wechselberg
- Topf Kamptal Dac Reserve Riesling Heiligenstein
- Tement Welschriesling Steirische Klassik