Product Type: Belkin in Wireless LAN
Newest Review: ... online and that was the Belkin G Wireless router, so I quickly went to and bought it. On first getting the router I was pleased wi... more
Wireless... most of the time.
Belkin G Wireless Router
Member Name: holpholp
Belkin G Wireless Router
Advantages: Is fine once connected to the internet
Disadvantages: Security options have to be redone frequently.
I decided to buy a wireless router as I am a University student, and being lazy I very much prefer to lie on my bed and do work rather than sit at my desk, plugged into the modem with a 1m cable. My process for picking a router was simple, as I am not very knowledgeable with computer electronics, I searched the cheapest that Argos could give me. I checked online and that was the Belkin G Wireless router, so I quickly went to and bought it.
On first getting the router I was pleased with the look of the device, and the size; it wouldn't take up much space on my crowded desk. The page of instructions given was easy to understand, and I was soon nearly connected. Though when I reached the point of connection there was a problem, and there was no reasoning behind it. I had inputted my password and was given a code to put into the security box. I did as I was told and then should have been connected, but I wasn't. I tried again and was given a longer code, and this time i was connected.
As a University student I often stray to other people's rooms to study, as was the case on this day. But when I returned to my room to continue, the connection seemed to have forgotten that I existed. The wireless, although the password was still the same as before and nothing had changed, seemed to have forgotten me.
I had to redo the security part of the installation, and I have had to do this several times since.
I have also discovered that if you turn the router on before your computer/laptop it will not connect to the internet until you redo the security options. I believe this product to be good at what it's meant to do, yet lacking in remembering who it's doing it for.
Summary: A router worth it's cost.
|Ease of use:|
|Variety of features:|
More reviews in the field of Wireless LAN
- Fast, Secure, Reliable
- Happy Home Hub
- For those of us who can't afford a new 360
- Expensive but good signal.
- Wireless adapter
- A router that doesn't need a genius to set up.
- rubbish item
- Now you can D-link to the net without those wires
- Opens up the whole World!
- You may eventually get connected to the internet.
- D-Link Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router DIR-825
- ZyXEL NBG2105
- ZyXEL NWD2705
- TP-LINK TL-WPA281KIT AV200 Wireless N Powerline Extender Starter Kit
- TP-LINK TD-W8980
- Belkin AC Wi-Fi Dual-Band USB Adapter
- D-Link AirPremier DAP-2553 Wireless N Dual Band Gigabit Access Point w/ PoE
- Netgear 3G Mobile Broadband Wireless Router MBR624GU
- Buffalo Nfiniti Wireless-N High Power Compact USB 2.0 Adapter
- D-Link DAP-2553 Wireless N Dual Band Gigabit Access Point w/ PoE