Product Type: Belkin in Wireless LAN
Newest Review: ... and below us. There is no issue with signal strength. Reliability The router is constantly on, and during its two months of operation... more
A great router with good signal at a very reasonable price.
Belkin N Wireless Router
Member Name: tenkilos
Belkin N Wireless Router
Advantages: Good signal strength, easy to manage
Disadvantages: Freezes up occasionally
I have owned this router for a couple of years having replaced the older 'G' version to extend the speed & range of my internet connection at home.
The Belkin brand has gone from strength to strength in recent years due to the sheer quality of their products and this truly extends to this router. The signal range and quality are second to none. The range is very noticeably better than other 'G'-rated models and this effect is increased through having two antennae which can be arranged in a way that works best in your house.
This router is able to work with both ADSL or cable internet and ours works very well with the Virgin connector box. The router has four direct ethernet ports on the back and we have one computer which plugs in directly into it as well as our own and friends' laptops which all connect wirelessly. The menu is easy to manage and allows you to personalise all aspects of your network, select the channel you wish to use, network name & password.
The only downside that we've had with this router is that it freezes up on rare occasions. This typically happens once every 5-6 weeks, but the solution is simple. We merely uplug the power cable going into it and then put it back in. Within seconds the router is working perfectly again. This has not deterred our liking of the router and I am sure whenever we come to replace it, we will be looking to Belkin.
Summary: If you want an easy to use router which will work all over a bigger house, get the Belkin N router.
|Ease of use:|
|Variety of features:|
More reviews in the field of Wireless LAN
- Tiny Mini Wireless Router
- Like A Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Skip the G and go for the N
- Netgear WG111 - the internet on a stick!
- Notworking now Networking
- Wireless dongle, a few little gremlins
- Makes the internet come through the air!
- fast and reliable wireless adapter
- My gaming connection is secure thanks to this!
- Top tip from TP..Link to your Wi-Fi through the mains powerline.
- D-Link Rangebooster N USB Adapter DWA-142
- HP Bt500
- Cisco Small Business WAP200 Wireless-G Access Point - PoE/Rangebooster
- D-Link Wireless N 150 High-Gain USB Adapter DWA-127
- BUFFALO AirStation Nfiniti Dual Band Wireless-N
- Trendnet TEW 680MB 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless N HD Media Bridge
- Trendnet TEW 692GR Concurrent Dual Band
- Trendnet TEW 638APB
- D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router DIR-655
- Draytek Vigor 2700G