Product Type: Belkin in Wireless LAN
Newest Review: ... have) and plug it into the back of this Belkin router. Then plug this router into a mains, make sure everything else is on (Your modem) an... more
Does Exactly what it's meant to do
Belkin N1 Wireless Modem Router
Member Name: delasandro
Belkin N1 Wireless Modem Router
Advantages: Coverage all around, easy set up, lights on the front for information
Disadvantages: Setting it up for ps3/xbox may be a bit tricky at first
I've had this router for a couple of years now and payed something around £75 from what i recall. At first i was skeptical about the price as everyone is, especially when next to it there are other routers for half the price. However, i decided to go for it as my previous one kept losing connectivity and therefore was really annoying.
The set up was extremely simple. I'm a techie guy so i know alot of things about computer stuff and how to set them up, but this was simple as anything can be: anyone could do it in my opinion! All you have to do is get your ethernet cable from your modem (Ntl, Virgin, BT, Sky or whatever you have) and plug it into the back of this Belkin router. Then plug this router into a mains, make sure everything else is on (Your modem) and your away! The instructions booklet was also very basic, which is usually a good sign as it means less steps therefore easy. Following the instructions took around 3-4 minutes and it was done ready to be used.
The lights on the front tell you what you need to know so you dont have to keep logging into settings all the time to see if theres any problems. Each icon lights up blue when its activated, but will flash orange to let you know theres a problem. This is great as you can then verify what the problem is wihtout having to go through anything: For example, if the problem was the internet was down from your modem then that icon would flash so you know where the problem is coming from.
The coverage of this is perfect. At the time i bought this, we were still building an attic room in our house. However, a few months down the line this routers full potential was realised. We have it downstairs and it sends signals everywhere in my house upto the deep end of my garden! Its great wherever whether you want to chill in the kitchen or sit outside in the Sun (When the weather is good, very rarely..haha), in the attic is simply in the same room. The amount of users it can have is also great and we have had 6 devices connected at one point with no problems.
The security settings are also very useful and easy to set up. You simply have to long on to the server and set up a password so that only you can access it.
The only problem some may find is connecting with your PS3 or Xbox. For the basic user, it may take a while trying to figure out how to try and change the settings to get perfect gamining via your router. However, there are many basic guides on the net explaining how to open your ports for great gaming.
All in all, a very good piece of equipment and well worth the price i payed. It's working 2-3 years later and still as good as new. I would definately reccomend it for any user, whether your a basic user or a more advanced one. The price now is also cheaper and a great buy!
Summary: 10/10, great for every user
|Ease of use:|
|Variety of features:|
More reviews in the field of Wireless LAN
- How is this product even possible?!
- Edimax EW-7128G - Review.
- BT Home Hub - Maybe not the way forward..
- A wireless G adapter with issues!
- A good and efficient router, albeit a bit pricey!
- A great wireless network card for those on a budget!
- Opens up the whole World!
- You may eventually get connected to the internet.
- Started writing this review in my bedroom, now in the office, now in the kitchen ...
- Convenient, if not efficient.
- D-Link DPR-2000 Multi-port Wireless G Print Server
- Cisco Small Business RV 120W Wireless-N VPN Firewall
- D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB Adapter DWA-182
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235
- NETGEAR WN3500RP Universal Dual Band WiFi Range Extender, Wall-plug Edition
- Asus DSL-N10
- Linksys E2500 Advanced Dual-Band N Router
- Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter
- Linksys Wireless-N Home Router WRT120N
- Netgear Wireless-N 300 Router with DSL Modem DGN2200