Product Type: Belkin in Wireless LAN
Newest Review: ... Belkin software or use the Windows Network Connection tool. I did try with the Belkin software but found it slow to open, slow to navigate... more
Unreliable Nightmare - Buy something else!
Belkin Wireless Desktop
Member Name: thatgirl101
Belkin Wireless Desktop
Disadvantages: Hard to install, unreliable when you do!
I bought my Belkin wireless card as a middle of the range product, not too expensive, not too cheap. I bought two - one for me and one for my boyfriend.
The first one we installed was my boyfriend's. He's done this kind of thing before, and followed the step-by-step instructions to the word. It fitted into the slot fine, however when you switched on the computer and installed the software, it came up with error after error. Our initial thoughts were that there was a problem with the drivers, so we went onto the Belkin website and downloaded them again. This made no difference, and the wireless card software still came up with errors. Eventually we gave up after re-installing it, taking it out etc, and used his previous slower USB wireless card, which worked! Not the easy installation we had hoped for.
At the time we wrote it off as maybe the card not being compatable with his (high end brand new) PC, although it seemed unlikely.
A few months later I installed my wireless card into my desktop. There were a couple of glitches - when I tried to install the card, it didnt seem to fit into my computer, it took some pushing and it wasnt as easy as it should have been. I built my own computer so I know that fitting a wireless card should have been easier. Once it was in, the software worked fine, so I thought all was well. However, given about a day, the card started to disconnect me from the network every 10 minutes, which is very irritating!
Both of these incidents have made me realise it is probably not my boyfriends' or my computers which are faulty or incompatable - it is just that these cards are unreliable!
Later on I found out that my housemates had bought the same brand of cards, and some of them had had difficulty with them too.
Summary: All in all this is not something Id recommend, is not worth the money, unless you somehow get lucky!
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Wireless LAN
- Happy days with my pci card
- Gateway to the World, Unfortunately...
- D-Link DI-614+ - Can't be pressured..
- Unfair Comments
- linksys the king of routers
- Tiny Mini Wireless Router
- Great product and great service!
- Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter
- very useful for sending pictures wirelessly to an iPad
- fast and reliable wireless adapter
- Belkin N750 DB Wireless Dual-Band USB Adapter
- D-Link Rangebooster N 650 Access Point DAP-1353
- Netgear N300 Wireless USB Mini Adapter WNA3100M
- Linksys AE2500 Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Adapter
- TP-Link TL-WN721N Wireless Lite N USB Adapter
- Lantronix xPrintServer
- ZyXEL NWA1123-NI
- Western Digital My Net Wi-Fi Range Extender WDBAPK0000NCH
- Vodafone Mobile WiFi R205
- TP-LINK TD-VG3631 300Mbps Wireless N VoIP ADSL2+ Modem Router