Product Type: BT in Wireless LAN
Newest Review: ... and not work for days on end, so i was skeptical about choosing another hub. BT have outdone themselves with this product, its very relia... more
New to BT
BT Home Hub 2.0
Member Name: GreyHound
BT Home Hub 2.0
Advantages: Easy to install, good features
Disadvantages: Not always reliable
When moving to BT, they threw in a "FREE" Home Hub 2.0 and initially I stuck with the router I already had. However this eventually packed in.
I found installing the Home Hub 2.0 was very easy and before long I was connected to the internet with very little stress. It even has an option to shutdown at night to save on power!
Everything worked perfect for a month or 2 and then all of a sudden it kept randomly disconnecting my XBOX and laptop, so I am not sure how reliable the device is anymore.
Also, be aware, although I must have clicked a button somewhere, I hadn't realised that I had enabled the BT_FON network. This enables other BT customers to use your wireless internet when in range of your Hub and in return you can use other peoples when you are out an about. Personally I think this is a great function, but I'm sure there will be people out there who are not so keen and it wasn't very clear that I had agreed for my internet to be shared.
Other than the fact that I keep getting disconnected every now and again and have to keep resetting it, its not a bad piece of kit.
Summary: Not the best, not the worst.
|Ease of use:|
|Variety of features:|
More reviews in the field of Wireless LAN
- Tiny Mini Wireless Router
- Hub Off BT!
- I think the D in D-Link stands for...... Doh!
- X Box 360 Wireless Adapter - Quick, Easy and Reliable
- Does it pick up signals or is it a lame donkey?
- Excellent for a uni student!
- Ha, who needs public WiFi?
- very useful for sending pictures wirelessly to an iPad
- fast and reliable wireless adapter
- Cisco Aironet 1142
- Belkin G Wireless Modem Router
- D-Link Wireless N Dualband Access Point and Ethernet Bridge DAP-1522
- 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 108Mbps 11g PoE Access Point
- Cisco Aironet 2602e Standalone
- Trust Ultra Small Bluetooth 2.1 USB Adapter
- Cisco 887 Multi-mode VDSL2/ADSL2+ over POTS Secure
- D-Link DSL-3580L
- Zyxel NBG6716
- Startech USB 2.0 to Class 1 Bluetooth Adapter - EDR