Bioshock sets you into the world of Rapture, an underwater city than has slowly descended into anarchy. You take control of Jack, who discovers Rapture after surviving a plane crash, he is then contacted by Atlas, who convinces Jack to help him take down Andrew Ryan.
The game is essentially a first person shooter, but as well as a huge range of guns, the player can also use 'Plasmids' that allows the player to use various things such as shooting fire, electricity, or even a swarm of bees.
The main enemies in the game are known as 'Splicers', humans that have become addicted to Plasmids and have gone insane, but a huge feature of the game are the Big Daddies and Little Sisters. Big Daddies protect the Little Sisters from harm from the Splicers, and are huge, and have massive weapons such as a giant drill. Should you kill a big daddy you are able to get the Little Sister, at which point you have the option of harvesting them for ADAM (the thing that is used to buy plasmids) or to save them for slightly less ADAM.
The game uses Vita-chambers to revive the player every time that the player dies, meaning that the game never gets too difficult, as the enemies do not respawn when you die.
Overall, Bioshock is an awesome game with a brilliant story and a fantastic setting, and is only slightly let down by the ability to constantly respawn.
Welcome to the world of bioshock everything is not as it seems but would you kindly take a second a read this. The game start out with the plane you are on crashing into the ocean and in the distance you see a lighthouse, you enter and find some strange vehicle you enter and arrive in the underwater city of rapture, and they is danger ever where there are big daddies, little sister and the psychos live there who have gone mad over the control over a substance they found down there called Adam. You have to make you way though rapture and find out what is really going on, because you have a closer connection to this place than you first thought.
* A lot of weapons, there is a good amount of weapons you can use within this game you can go it hardcore and just us your wrench to kill everyone or you can use all the different weapons you can collect on your journey though rapture
* Powers, within this game you can buy different powers to use this can range anything between burn your enemies alive or having bees in your hand to be able to shot at your enemies and get that to fight for you
* Interesting story, there is a really good story within this game and I do not want to give anything away because if you have not had the chance to play this amazing game you are missing out what might be the best story in an game ever
* Big world, even though you only stay in rapture, rapture is a big area they is quite a bit to see and do within the game that does not include the main story they are not really an side quests in the game but there are other areas you can go and find out more about why rapture was made and find out more about who runs rapture and what happened that turned every to this madness.
* Audio logs, though out the game there are a lot of audio logs that tell you more about the character you might meet or who lived there and what has happened to them did they get away or did they go mad like everyone else
* Finding stuff, sometimes with quests or when you want to find the last little sister to help them it can be very difficult with the map being so big with so many different area you have to check it can get a little boring having to run though the same areas again just because you forgot to check one room and what ever you where looking for might have been in that room
In conclusion this is one of the best games I have ever played even now I still stick it in and play the game just to hear those creep audio logs again and get deep into the story and enjoy myself. Overall if you have not played this game then you should no if, ands or buts, this is an amazing game.
Bioshock is set in an underwater world called Rapture, located in the middle of the ocean. The game starts when a plane that our main character is on crashes into the sea and he's the only survivor. Stranded in the middle of a floating plane wreck, our protagonist swims for the only thing he can see, a strange building. When he reaches the structure, he finds a door leading to an underwater elevator...
OK, this game starts with a bang, and gets pretty crazy from that point. Lets hit the big points:
Gameplay: For a first person shooter, you are given some pretty strong tools for taking down the baddies in this game, things ranging from Pistols, to Steampunk shotguns, a crossbow made of rulers and a pretty handy spanner. All this is pretty well rounded, and works really well together.
World: Rapture is what many would call a Steampunk Paradise, with vast underwater ranges, great metal rooms torn asunder by the destruction of this underwater haven.
Story: I would give the story/plot of this game an A+, being incredibly well written and scripted, keeping you gripped and mortified at the same time. The writers must have just thought up a list of strange ideas, through them into a blender, and lo and behold, Bioshock was born. Our protagonist finds a friend in his underwater hell, and is guided by this mad Irish guy in the hopes of finding safety. Don;'t think for a second that the plot goes thin and wears away, because it doesn't, there are some very strong plot twists to make you feel dizzy.