Product Type: Square Enix Xbox 360 games
Newest Review: ... and "OMG I R BEING SHOTEDED!" followed by what could only be described as half the galaxy being blown up. Nah, i'm joking... more
Good ol' fashioned space shooter, few good notable features
Project Sylpheed (Xbox 360)
Member Name: MaestroRage
Project Sylpheed (Xbox 360)
Advantages: Has a real sense of panic and "got to get it done!"
Disadvantages: has a real good way of not letting you know WHERE you get it done.
Project Sylpheed is a game that is not known by many. In fact you'd be hard pressed to find it even in the bargain bins.
The reason being the game was very poorly advertised and the whole space shooter scene has been done in so many arcade style ways, that project sylpheed decided to go ahead and repeat pretty much everything.
It's a game that has a lot of flashy colors, lots of shouting and "OMG I R BEING SHOTEDED!" followed by what could only be described as half the galaxy being blown up.
Nah, i'm joking, no way they could get half the galaxy blown apart like that. But the whole game feels like it's just trying to get you hyped without really pointing you in the right direction.
The moving around the map is a nightmare as they only have a flat XY map and you're flying in 3D space, so if you're flying straight up or down *but you feel like you're flying horizontally due to the camera angle*, you don't see the little ship that is you move on the map. Then you have to twist and turn until you kinda start moving where you need to be.
As well as that, the objectives given to you halfway isn't very easy to follow up on.
"YOU, PROTECT OUR CAPITAL SHIP!"
"Where's our capital ship?"
"... DON'T LET IT GET DESTROYED!"
I'll just fly around fighting the enemy until one of my allies ships gets blown up across the map and wouldn't you know it, I was to protect that one!
The weapons are pretty neat, the squad system of being able to tell your co-pilots to support or cover you really make a difference.
The story is pretty cliche without much variation from what we have grown to expect.
If you DO find it in the bargain bin, it IS worth a try, so go for it.
Summary: Worth a try, definitely one of the better space shooters.
More reviews in the field of Xbox 360 Game
- The Zombie game that rewrites the genre.....
- One of the greatest games and blood pressure raisers.
- What you can expect when they have no goals, and don't intend to find any.
- Innovative ideas carried out poorly, but dynamite of a game!
- A ton of innovative ideas, the debate here is did they work well?
- Great Game!
- Fantastic ! join in various proxy wars of the Cold war and create havoc.
- Great game. Fun. But difficult.
- Air Conflicts Pacific Carriers (Xbox 360)
- Air Conflicts Vietnam (Xbox 360)
- Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)
- Aliens vs Predator (AVP) Steelbook Survivor Edition (Xbox 360)
- Tony Hawk's Project 8 (Xbox 360)
- Too Human (Xbox 360)
- Top Spin 2 (Xbox 360)
- X-Men: The Official Movie Game (Xbox 360)