Product Type: Electronic Arts Xbox 360 games
Newest Review: ... Bros. and their San Diego studio, along with a few licenses were swallowed up by rival Developer THQ. The sad thing is, it actually s... more
Unreal Tournament 3 (Xbox 360)
Member Name: am-Butler
Unreal Tournament 3 (Xbox 360)
Advantages: Fast action FPS!
Disadvantages: Campaign mode pretty useless
Firstly, let me start off with a few minor niggles with the game, but bear in mind the PS3 had similar issues until a patch was released.
* Campaign mode is pretty useless. Good for practicing against bots but will be better going through co-op with some mates.
* The chat system is annoying - You have to push and hold a button to speak. Its better now that i've configured the button onto the left stick, so now I can push the left stick in to speak whilst still having both hands on the sticks.
* The lobby system isn't as good as on the PS3. For some reason Epic have removed the ping display on the server list and you can't see any of the match details. On the PS3, you could highlight a match, press triangle and you'd get a display of how many kills, time limit, difficulty of bots & mutators being used etc whereas there isn't anything for us.
* When hosting a room the game always starts automatically (unless your doing a ranked match) which doesn't allow you to swap teams around. You can do it during the game which is a pain the arse, or do it in the next game. Plus the host can't change the gametype or settings.
These issues don't put me of the game one bit. I love the fast action. Its a no nonsense shooter. Strategy doesn't play as much as a part as instinct, reaction & responses. Most of the time I can't speak as i'm concentrating too much.
The graphics & sound are great & the controls are smooth, although the weapon selection takes a little bit of getting used too as do some of the UT3 vehicles. All controls can be configured to suit your needs.
I love all the gamemodes. DM is fast & furious. TDM is slightly more relaxed. CTF is wicked when playing with mutators like Instagib. Vehicle CTF is good fun when playing with mates and other gamers who actually know how to use vehicles & Warfare is something very different to all the other gametypes & Duel is good hardcore 1v1 action or can be played as a team using mutators.
Pretty much all of the maps are brilliantly designed with futuristic or alien settings with some wicked portals & other unique features and all are deisgned so that there isn't any advantage to a particular team.
COD series have always been my favourite FPS but now Unreal Tournament has come along this has all changed. I loved it on the PS3, but it was let down by the poor PS3 community. Now its on Live, it will be buzzing with activity and thats what it needs as its purely an online game.
I can't put the game down and doubt that I will for a VERY long time and if it stays active on Live it could maybe even eclipse my favourite FPS of all time - Timesplitters : Future Perfect
EVERY FPS GAMER SHOULD OWN THIS GAME!!
Summary: Great game overall!
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (Xbox 360)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Classics (Xbox 360)
- London 2012 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games (Xbox 360)
- Skylanders (Xbox 360)
- Perfect Dark Zero Limited (Xbox 360)
- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Xbox 360)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360)
- Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL (Xbox 360)