Product Type: Bethesda Xbox 360 games
Newest Review: ... looked a bit like an old western but in colour, it was more of a comic book feel, but it was quirky and different. After the first c... more
Stranglehold + The Club + Tarantino + Woo = fun!
WET (Xbox 360)
Member Name: Midnight_Walker
WET (Xbox 360)
Advantages: Looks great, combat is fast paced and fun, controls are easy to get the hang of
Disadvantages: Not much variety, Final boss is... well, you'll see.
Imagine if Quentin Tarantino and John Woo made a game. Wet is, more or less, that game. It's a highly stylised shooter full of completely gratuitous acrobatics, gunfights and good old fashioned violence. It's kind of a mixture of Stranglehold and The Club in that as you're swinging from poles or spinning through the air, time slows down so that you can more easily target and annihilate the opposition one by one. For each successive enemy you kill, and the more variety you include in the kills (headshots, sword slashes, wallruns, floor slides), the more points you get and consequently the more stuff you can get as the game goes on. Every now and then, Rubi, your character, will enter a cel-shaded are where the objective is simply to kill as many enemies as possible before you're overwhelmed, and fleeing to the exit. It's a nice touch, and looks great, but isn't really that different from the rest of the game, apart from the look. I suppose really that's the game's main fault; that there's just not enough variety. Sure you can kill a few different enemies while jumping, sliding or running along a wall, but that's really all there is to it, and although it doesn't quite manage to get old, if the game were much longer, it certainly might.
In a nutshell, this is not a game that will have you scratching your head at any point. It's just a good old fashioned shooter with a Tarantino-esque revenge plot loosely attached. But, it knows what it is, and it does it well. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to put their brain to one side for a few hours to engage in some good old-fashioned violence.
Summary: It's a great game while it lasts, but it's not one you'll be reminiscing about in years to come.
More reviews in the field of Xbox 360 Game
- This game was made to (Bio)shock! So eerie! Great game
- Surprisingly great co-op adventure
- Liked FIFA 09? You will love FIFA 10.
- Mass Effect? No no... Little Effect!
- Killing them softly
- What a con, no where near as engaging as the first game
- Defiance Defiance Defiance!
- Wow- what an improvement , but they made one slight mistake !
- Scene It? Box Office Smash! Including 4 Big Buttons Pads (Xbox 360)
- Xbox 360 Wireless Chrome Controller Shell XCM with Green LED/D-Pad /Auto Fire Tr ...
- XBOX 360, Xbox live arcade complilation disc (Xbox 360)
- XP7 SEVEN Series Xbox 360 & PS3 Headset - EU (Xbox 360)
- Your Shape 2012 Game of The Year - Classics (Xbox 360)
- Age of Booty (Xbox 360)
- Tiger Woods PGA 10 (Xbox 360)
- Shadow Complex (Xbox 360)